Respected Contributor

@candyagainwrote:

@CalminHeartwrote:

@Laura14wrote:

@CalminHeartSame here. I said it on another thread earlier this year but a man who said he wanted to advocate for mental health is now hosting a show that is all about triggering people. I have watched practically nothing this season and actually moved on to Sherri.

Who is Sherri? I haven't heard of her. What network?

The Jennifer Hudson or Kelly Clarkson shows are unwatchable too.

I'm not a big fan of Drew Barrymore's show either. I catch it at 5AM and can't change channels fast enough.

bring back Phil Donohue or Merv Griffin. The talk show circuit has been awful for 25 years. Completely unwatchable with no redeeming qualities.

Respected Contributor

@CalminHeartwrote:

@Laura14wrote:

@CalminHeartSame here. I said it on another thread earlier this year but a man who said he wanted to advocate for mental health is now hosting a show that is all about triggering people. I have watched practically nothing this season and actually moved on to Sherri.

@CalminHeartSherri Shepherd Show in lieu of Wendy Williams

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Valued Contributor

@PhilaLady1wrote:

@NickNackwrote:

When I look through the guide each day on my TV, it seems like Dr. Phil's show is more senasationalism than political. He often has women who are scammed by men for money. Today's show is about whether you should have children. Tomorrow's show is about cults. Thursday's show is about pet theft, dog attacks and pandemic pet regrets. Finally, Friday's show is about politics taking a toll on relationships.

Friday's show is the first show about politics that I've noticed in quite a while. I don't watch Dr. Phil. When I have watched it, I don't like it.

I agree that the show is more sensationalism than political. The last time I watched it, there was a once famous and successful actress, mostly from the 80's, who on the show Phil was talking to her,or I should say talking at her, about her mental and substance abuse issues. It was obvious that the woman had issues, possibly severe. It felt, to me, that she was taken advantage of, to put her on display like an old-time freak show at the carnival 100 years ago. Same principle. Nothing was answered or resolved and no help offered. the show was either look at this crazy lady who was once a big shot, or coming up next, or after the commercial break... Some blah blah blah but never really saying anything.

I vaguely remember that episode. Wasn't it Shelley Duvall who was in The Shining?

Esteemed Contributor

@Reeverwrote:

@candyagainwrote:

@CalminHeartwrote:

@Laura14wrote:

I'm not a big fan of Drew Barrymore's show either. I catch it at 5AM and can't change channels fast enough.

bring back Phil Donohue or Merv Griffin. The talk show circuit has been awful for 25 years. Completely unwatchable with no redeeming qualities.

Phil Donahue at 86 is happily retired. Merv passed away in 2007.

Honored Contributor

@CalminHeartwrote:

I've recorded Dr Phil since it first started and watched most of the shows....until this year. I haven't watched even one show this season.

I don't want to hear people talk about social issues on Dr Phil.

Social issues are critically important and I am active in politics and other places to help protect rights and freedoms for everyone but.....

I don't want to listen to uninformed people try to make a wrong be ok.

There are not 2 correct sides for every issue.

Efforts to justify hate, and all that it includes, are never ok.

We are bombarded with these issues every day. I watch tv to escape from it.

I could go on but I'd probably get poofed.

@CalminHeart

IMO, Dr Phil has run out of topics, but doesn't want to give up the show.

Respected Contributor

@Chopsmom

Yes, it was Shelly Duvall.

Trusted Contributor

Have not watched his show for years.

Honored Contributor

@CalminHeartwrote:

@Laura14wrote:

@CalminHeartSherri Shephard. Her show is on hiatus right now because of the World Cup but I find her funny most days. She's more an Ellen type of talk show not Dr. Phil, but if you like a lighter tone, I find her watchable.

I thought Karamo was going to be the next Dr. Phil but he has decided to go down the route of Jerry Springer mixed with Maury. So disappointing. He had a perfect opportunity to take that slot and I think he has a decent professional manner about him when he wants to.

Valued Contributor

Every show is the same. I know what's going to happen at the end. They send them to an exlusive ranch that normal people can't afford. I wish they would follow up on their guests and see how many people were helped at this ranch.

Honored Contributor

There were a lot of allegations made about the teen ranch especially by the catch me outside girl who is an award winning rapper and has a platform of her own now and a lot of lawsuits which is why he probably changed the format of the show.

No one wants to offer therapy/rehab services with his tarnished reputation and allegations (probably puts their funding in danger) and Dr. Phil was tired of paying for people who turned around and sued him in court. Even he wins, he pays the lawyers' fees.