Trusted Contributor

Can't stand him. WISH he would retire along with his PLASTIC-LOOKING wife.

Esteemed Contributor

I haven't watched it since it turned into the Jerry Springer show. 

Respected Contributor

His show really has taken a disappointing turn the last couple seasons, this season especially.  I have my dvr set to record new shows but more often than not I delete without watching.  He recently dedicated THREE ENTIRE SHOWS to complaining about how Netflix "sensationalized" Jeffrey Dahmer, but I really could not see how him dedicating three hours to him was any different.  Very hypocritical! 

And don't even get me started with his 10-15 minute+ segments SELLING Medicare plans, game apps, home selling companies, anti-aging face creams, etc. 

Respected Contributor

@FranandZoe wrote:

I don't watch it as much either.  I still record it every day but if I watch depends on the subject matter.  

@FranandZoe ,, same here.  Many years ago, it was much different and at times, I found myself learning some things.  

Now with this "new" platform he has, most times it ends up being deleted.  

With those ads about makeup, skincare, medicare and games he promotes, that's when I'm done - delete!

Esteemed Contributor

Dr Phil is no different from other "news" channels. People get to talk wether you like it or not. Don't like it , don't watch. 

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

@CalminHeart Same here. I said it on another thread earlier this year but a man who said he wanted to advocate for mental health is now hosting a show that is all about triggering people. I have watched practically nothing this season and actually moved on to Sherri. 

Honored Contributor

I haven't watched him since he changed networks.  I never really thought he got very in-depth, but how can you in an hour?  

Honored Contributor

@Laura14wrote:

@CalminHeartSame here. I said it on another thread earlier this year but a man who said he wanted to advocate for mental health is now hosting a show that is all about triggering people. I have watched practically nothing this season and actually moved on to Sherri.

Who is Sherri? I haven't heard of her. What network?

The Jennifer Hudson or Kelly Clarkson shows are unwatchable too.

Honored Contributor

@cjm61wrote:

Many shows, even sit-coms, have political comments embedded in them. When we are not on the same side it is more offensive. Dr. Phil has always had various "life" issues, luckily unlike my life. Woman Happy

It does not hurt hearing both sides of a political view. My husband and I watch two different news channels, one is far right and one is far left, we make an educated deduction from the two. You are correct @CalminHeart , no two sides are 100% correct but in my opinion, each side also has a valid point. You have to do your own research to deduce what you believe are the facts.

I am no expert, I am an average hard working American. But, I can definitely make a decision on what I believe is the best for myself and this country. I am unsure what qualifications you require to be an "expert". I have seen these so-called experts on the news and many times they have no real credentials. Most all are opinions anyway.

I know both sides because I have listened. I'm tired of listening to people trying to make it ok to be hateful, cruel, bigoted, racist, greedy, and just plain selfish.

Trusted Contributor

@CalminHeartwrote:

@Laura14wrote:

@CalminHeartSame here. I said it on another thread earlier this year but a man who said he wanted to advocate for mental health is now hosting a show that is all about triggering people. I have watched practically nothing this season and actually moved on to Sherri.

Who is Sherri? I haven't heard of her. What network?

The Jennifer Hudson or Kelly Clarkson shows are unwatchable too.

I'm not a big fan of Drew Barrymore's show either. I catch it at 5AM and can't change channels fast enough.