Honored Contributor

I've recorded Dr Phil since it first started and watched most of the shows....until this year. I haven't watched even one show this season. 

I don't want to hear people talk about social issues on Dr Phil.

Social issues are critically important and I am active in politics and other places to help protect rights and freedoms for everyone but..... 

I don't want to listen to uninformed people try to make a wrong be ok.

There are not 2 correct sides for every issue.

Efforts to justify hate, and all that it includes, are never ok.

We are bombarded with these issues every day. I watch tv to escape from it.

I could go on but I'd probably get poofed.

Respected Contributor

I have not watched his show in years.

Like many other shows, they change over time and are no longer for me.

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Respected Contributor

I don't watch it as much either.  I still record it every day but if I watch depends on the subject matter.  

Honored Contributor

No Ellen More Ellen in the afternoon.....MISS HER SHOW SO MUCH.

Dr Phil is BORING....AND other new talk shows on are not my cup of tea. 

I pretty much just listen to am Talk radio in the afternoon now. TV is off...

Trusted Contributor

Many shows, even sit-coms, have political comments embedded in them. When we are not on the same side it is more offensive. Dr. Phil has always had various "life" issues, luckily unlike my life. Woman Happy

It does not hurt hearing both sides of a political view. My husband and I watch two different news channels, one is far right and one is far left, we make an educated deduction from the two. You are correct @CalminHeart , no two sides are 100% correct but in my opinion, each side also has a valid point. You have to do your own research to deduce what you believe are the facts. 

I am no expert, I am an average hard working American. But, I can definitely make a decision on what I believe is the best for myself and this country. I am unsure what qualifications you require to be an "expert". I have seen these so-called experts on the news and many times they have no real credentials. Most all are opinions anyway.

Honored Contributor

Never could stand the man.  Only watched him years ago when my mom lived with me.  She loved the show.  

Honored Contributor

When I look through the guide each day on my TV, it seems like Dr. Phil's show is more senasationalism than political.  He often has women who are scammed by men for money.  Today's show is about whether you should have children.  Tomorrow's show is about cults.  Thursday's show is about pet theft, dog attacks and pandemic pet regrets.  Finally, Friday's show is about politics taking a toll on relationships.

Friday's show is the first show about politics that I've noticed in quite a while.  I don't watch Dr. Phil.  When I have watched it, I don't like it.  

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

When I look through the guide each day on my TV, it seems like Dr. Phil's show is more senasationalism than political.  He often has women who are scammed by men for money.  Today's show is about whether you should have children.  Tomorrow's show is about cults.  Thursday's show is about pet theft, dog attacks and pandemic pet regrets.  Finally, Friday's show is about politics taking a toll on relationships.

Friday's show is the first show about politics that I've noticed in quite a while.  I don't watch Dr. Phil.  When I have watched it, I don't like it.  

I agree that the show is more sensationalism than political.  The last time I watched it, there was a once famous and successful actress, mostly from the 80's,  who on the show Phil was talking to her,or I should say talking at her, about her mental and substance abuse issues. It was obvious that the woman had issues, possibly severe.  It felt, to me, that she was taken advantage of, to put her on display like an old-time freak show at the carnival 100 years ago.  Same principle.  Nothing was answered or resolved and no help offered. the show was either look at this crazy lady who was once a big shot, or coming up next, or after the commercial break... Some blah blah blah but never really saying anything.   

Respected Contributor

I feel that "Dr" Phil will exploit any situation possible for ratings.

One of many reasons I quit watching.

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Respected Contributor

Big bag of wind. Just another TV know it all making big bucks telling us how to live our lives. I always thought a lot of us wouldn't even know we had problems if it wasn't for the book writers, "experts" and TV shows.