Esteemed Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

I'm interested in knowing who and what you mean, hoping I'm not the one for whom it wouldn't go well.

No, I didn't mean that. I had read about their friends and acquaintances. I'll just say that the family was strange and there seemed to be a lot of strange people in that area.

Esteemed Contributor

I also remember when John brought a dead Jon Benet upstairs, he put her on the floor and the people who were in the house (friends and neighbors) formed  circle around her and started praying.  This was even "before" the one female detective arrived.

If that isn't "strange" I don't know what is........ JMO

Respected Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

@fortune wrote:

@LoriLori wrote:

@Daisy wrote:

@LoriLori wrote:

So how does that BR-- graduating college, even living in the dorm, piloting planes, snowboarding, skiing, belonging to clubs at college, kissing his blonde girlfriend -- how does any of that go with the creepy, inappropriate Burke on Dr. Phil?  

I'd still be wary of the guy. He doesn't seem quite right. We don't know what he was actually like at school and how he interacted with others. We don't know anything about that girl in the pic either. I know it's common nowadays, but I read that he, allegedly, works from home.

@Daisy Sunflower, ITA, that was part of what I was trying to say and I guess I didn't say it well...We know he interacted from Facebook, he lived in the dorm and may even have pledged a frat.  This girl was identified as his girlfriend on the FB account he took down...It's impossible for me to reconcile the disturbed, creepy individual who was on Dr. Phil with someone capable of flying a plane.  Such a bizarre family and almost everything about this case is so very strange.  

@LoriLori

Since you are one of the leading experts on this case, do you know if Burke was under the care of a psychologist or psychiatrist growing up?  Was it possible that he is on the autism spectrum?  I feel that all is not normal with this guy. . .

@fortune, I am no "leading expert" on the case, and I hope you're not being sarcastic.  At the time JonBenet was murdered it's a fact that Burke was under the care of a psychiatrist and had prior acts of aggression against JonBenet and an incident at school.  

Produced to the grand jury were receipts for books Pam Paugh, Patsy's sister, had bought for her in a Boulder bookstore, including "Why Johnny Can't Tell Right From Wrong" and "Children at Risk."

I know nothing about autism and have never read speculation about whether or not he's autistic.

Again, Chief Kolar, who has examined more evidence than anyone else as well as having access to full grand jury proceedings,  believes Burke had something specific to children known as Sexual Behavior Problems.  Google it because I can't choose a link, not knowing which is better than another. 

Scrolling through the channels this morning I saw a mini-marathon of a show called "Kids Who Kill."  And they do.  And I believe Burke did, and he could never have been charged or even named as a suspect due to his age and Colorado law at the time.

But it's the only explanation that makes sense.  And when in 2013 a then-new Boulder DA felt the public was owed release of grand jury indictments against the Ramseys that were hushed up, he could only release four counts -- and they're not in numerical order so we know there were more -- but anything that had Burke's name in it can never be made public because of his age at the time, same reason he can never be charged with anything.  

@LoriLori wrote:

@fortune wrote:

@LoriLori wrote:

@Daisy wrote:

@LoriLori wrote:

So how does that BR-- graduating college, even living in the dorm, piloting planes, snowboarding, skiing, belonging to clubs at college, kissing his blonde girlfriend -- how does any of that go with the creepy, inappropriate Burke on Dr. Phil?  

I'd still be wary of the guy. He doesn't seem quite right. We don't know what he was actually like at school and how he interacted with others. We don't know anything about that girl in the pic either. I know it's common nowadays, but I read that he, allegedly, works from home.

@Daisy Sunflower, ITA, that was part of what I was trying to say and I guess I didn't say it well...We know he interacted from Facebook, he lived in the dorm and may even have pledged a frat.  This girl was identified as his girlfriend on the FB account he took down...It's impossible for me to reconcile the disturbed, creepy individual who was on Dr. Phil with someone capable of flying a plane.  Such a bizarre family and almost everything about this case is so very strange.  

@LoriLori

Since you are one of the leading experts on this case, do you know if Burke was under the care of a psychologist or psychiatrist growing up?  Was it possible that he is on the autism spectrum?  I feel that all is not normal with this guy. . .

@fortune, I am no "leading expert" on the case, and I hope you're not being sarcastic.  At the time JonBenet was murdered it's a fact that Burke was under the care of a psychiatrist and had prior acts of aggression against JonBenet and an incident at school.  

Produced to the grand jury were receipts for books Pam Paugh, Patsy's sister, had bought for her in a Boulder bookstore, including "Why Johnny Can't Tell Right From Wrong" and "Children at Risk."

I know nothing about autism and have never read speculation about whether or not he's autistic.

Again, Chief Kolar, who has examined more evidence than anyone else as well as having access to full grand jury proceedings,  believes Burke had something specific to children known as Sexual Behavior Problems.  Google it because I can't choose a link, not knowing which is better than another. 

Scrolling through the channels this morning I saw a mini-marathon of a show called "Kids Who Kill."  And they do.  And I believe Burke did, and he could never have been charged or even named as a suspect due to his age and Colorado law at the time.

But it's the only explanation that makes sense.  And when in 2013 a then-new Boulder DA felt the public was owed release of grand jury indictments against the Ramseys that were hushed up, he could only release four counts -- and they're not in numerical order so we know there were more -- but anything that had Burke's name in it can never be made public because of his age at the time, same reason he can never be charged with anything.  

@LoriLori

LoriLori, I am most certainly NOT being sarcastic.  Anyone who has read your posts about this case can see how knowledgeable you are!!!  If John Ramsey were ever to be charged in this case, I wonder what the charge (s) would be?  It might be obstruction of justice or lying to authorities.  The charge itself would probably be one for the books as to setting a precident.  I think this case will just continue "unsolved." 
Thanks for your info!!  I always learn something from your posts!!!  16x16_heart.png

Esteemed Contributor

Honored Contributor

@sophiamarie wrote:

I also remember when John brought a dead Jon Benet upstairs, he put her on the floor and the people who were in the house (friends and neighbors) formed  circle around her and started praying.  This was even "before" the one female detective arrived.

If that isn't "strange" I don't know what is........ JMO

@sophiamarie, it didn't happen that way.  Linda Arndt, female officer, was alone in the house at the time and had been for a while.  She was waaaaay over her head.  Most of the Boulder cops were.  John Ramsey on a phone that magically disappeared managed to call attorneys, the pilot a few times, their friends, the reverend.

The FBI were suspicious immediately -- because the ransom note was the longest and most incoherent any of them had seen -- but the Boulder police told them they're services weren't wanted once the body was found.  They couldn't even convince the BPD to secure the scene. Burke was hustled out of the house post-haste by their then-best friend who quickly came to believe Burke did it and the rest was a cover up.

This played into a post I'm about to reply to someone else.  

Honored Contributor

@fortunewrote:

@LoriLori

LoriLori, I am most certainly NOT being sarcastic.  Anyone who has read your posts about this case can see how knowledgeable you are!!!  If John Ramsey were ever to be charged in this case, I wonder what the charge (s) would be?  It might be obstruction of justice or lying to authorities.  The charge itself would probably be one for the books as to setting a precident.  I think this case will just continue "unsolved." 
Thanks for your info!!  I always learn something from your posts!!!  16x16_heart.png

@fortune, thanks so much!  Heart back atcha.  

The charges filed by the grand jury that could be made public -- that is, the ones that did not contain Burke's name, because he was underage under Colorado law, and we know there were more charges against the Ramseys because the ones made public were not in numberical order, were:

On or between Dec. 25 and Dec. 26, 1996 in Boulder County, Colo., John Bennett Ramsey did unlawfully, knowingly, recklessly and feloniously permit a child to be unreasonably placed in a situation which posed a threat of injury to the child's life or health, which resulted in the death of JonBenet Ramsey, a child under the age of sixteen.

(same charge for Patsy)

And:

On or between Dec. 25 and Dec. 26, 1996 in Boulder County, Colo., John Bennett Ramsey did unlawfully, knowingly and feloniously render assistance to a person, with intent to hinder, delay and prevent the discovery, detention, apprehension, prosecution, conviction and punishment of such person for the commission of a crime, knowing the person being assisted has committed and was suspected of the crime of Murder in the First Degree and Child Abuse Resulting in Death

(same charge for Patsy)

I think the charges speak volumes about the crime especially in light of Burke's prior acts towards JonBenet.

What the other charges know we will never learn.

Of course they used every ounce of influence they had -- and they had a lot -- to be sure they were never charged.  And the statute of limitations had run out long before Patsy died, but at least in 2013 Boulder got an honest DA who released the information to a public that deserved to know.

Honored Contributor

@Daisy wrote:

@LoriLori  I was reading an interview with the chief on reddit. From 2014, I think it was.

Did you read that? If so, did I understand this correctly? He thought Patsy wrote the note herself...and John might have suspected it. Later, he found JB in the basement...while the lady detective was in the house...and also before he and his friend had went looking for her. At that point, he already knew where she was.

But, on the 911 tape, we think we can hear him telling Burke that they're not speaking to him. So he must have known what had happened before Patsy had called the police...not when he had went looking for her on his own (while the lady detective was in the house) and found her, right? What am I missing?

@Daisy Sunflower, as far as what John knew when, for sure he knew JonBenet was dead before the 911 call because before Patsy called 911, John had already called multiple attorneys and his pilot.  The rest of what he knew when is speculation, no one will probably ever know.

There are several theories about the note, complicated by the missing pages in the notepad that contained the practice notes (John likely disposed of those along with other evidence). 

Some people think John dictated to Patsy.  Most think it was all Patsy.  Maybe it was a combination of both since it's got Patsy's over-the-top melodramatic personality with John's cool, collected one and his $118,000 bonus.  We'll never know.

Neither John nor Patsy's stories of how they read and found the note are credible. We're meant to believe after practicing the note multiple times this phantom killer neatly placed the ransom note on the steps of the spiral staircase that led to John and Patsy's bedroom.   John told interrogators he was in his underwear crouching on this same spiral staircase reading the pages spread out on the floor.  It defies common sense. 

As for what John knew when:  Officer Linda Arndt had zero control over the house which had not even been secured as a crime scene.  Victim advocates were even cleaning -- eliminating fingerprints.  

It's a fact that John disappeared that morning for a while.  Linda Arndt having no control of the house had no idea where he was.  Hours later when his fidgeting was getting on her nerves, Linda Arndt told John to search the house "top to bottom" just to keep him busy --

(also suspicious coming from someone who made calls on the phone the kidnappers were supposedly going to use during the time they said they'd call) --

and instead of going top to bottom he went right to the basement and the obscure room with the latch on top and the light switch in an inconvenient spot, along with his former best friend Fleet White, and John went straight to the body.  Fleet White said he could not see a thing in the dark, creepy room yet John said he'd found her before he even put the light on.

Respected Contributor

@sophiamarie wrote:

I would like to see some follow-ups on the guests he sends away for therapy.  He always promises but never comes through.

Oh and if Robyn gets any tinier, we'll be able to see right through her.

I noticed that?  Is she anorexic or sick?  Looks like something might be wrong.  Hope she's okay.  

Respected Contributor

@fortune wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

New season, I finally saw , starts Sept. 12th

@SharkE

I saw previews of the "new" season and saw some old shows that are being  repeated--such as the interview with Burke Ramsey.  What's with that?!?

I wondering if he has a book coming out?

Respected Contributor

@Sunshine Kate wrote:

@fortune wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

New season, I finally saw , starts Sept. 12th

@SharkE

I saw previews of the "new" season and saw some old shows that are being  repeated--such as the interview with Burke Ramsey.  What's with that?!?

I wondering if he has a book coming out?

@Sunshine Kate

If Burke writes a book, he should call it, "If I Did It."  (haha)