Esteemed Contributor

Re: Dr. Phil today--Thursday 2nd

I would love to share my take on this subject and a few more but this thread would be shut down in a heartbeat.  It's a very sad time in my country. If red and blue could come together for the good of all we could all be a beautiful shade of purple.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree "this is a very sad time for our country"...the above comments reflect our current challenges.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Politicians - most of them - are too busy trying to do what helps them and their donors than doing what is good for the country.  They used to do their dirty deeds behind closed doors and have a public face of helping the country.  Now they are just all out for themselves - all day, every day.  Hopefully when the public starts being very inconvenienced they will get rid of these lawmakers making these decisions.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Foxxee wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

Maybe the moral of the story is that WE aren't demanding that our lawmakers do their jobs.  

@Sooner 

Do we have a say anymore?

@Foxxee We don't if we don't complain and encourage others to.  

@Sooner 

Many are complaining.  They are ignored and silenced.  

Honored Contributor

@ThinkingOutLoud wrote:

I just remind myself that all those who have a part in this (perps, judges, politicians, etc) will eventually answer for their choices and will be held accountable. No one skirts the final justice.

@ThinkingOutLoud I agree with you.  But I am addressing an earthly problem that causes hard working people to be robbed of what they work for.  When they steal, they steal from all of us.  And we are allowing it.  

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@Foxxee wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

Maybe the moral of the story is that WE aren't demanding that our lawmakers do their jobs.  

@Sooner 

@Sooner 

@Foxxee Complaining yes.  But not effectively and to the right people and in the right places, i.e. voting booths.  

QVC Customer Care

Esteemed Contributor

It is really tragic what is happening in our country. Walgreens closed 7 stores in San Francisco because of all the theft. It is called smash and grab!!! Nordstroms, Louis Vuitton, Hermes and the Apple Store have lost thousand of dollars of merchandise and no one is held accountable. Free Christmas shopping for all those involved. The honest people pay the price for all this theft. Some retailers have boarded up their windows so no one can get into their store. It seems like there is no end and no penalties.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Foxxee wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@Foxxee wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@Sooner 

@Sooner 

@Foxxee Complaining yes.  But not effectively and to the right people and in the right places, i.e. voting booths.  

@Sooner 

Yes, I wish it was as easy as it is suggesting it, but hopeful next time.  Lots of people are working on it.

Honored Contributor

I know at one point there were plastic gadgets attached to clothes.  I shop online now so I don't know if they still use them.  Times are very tough for some people and they would rather steal than get a job.  There are Help Wanted signs everywhere.  However, unemployment only lasts for so long and I don't believe they are giving extensions out.

THOU SHALL NOT STEAL

kindness is strength