Respected Contributor

Re: Dr. Phil keeps getting interrupted

I agree with the OP and was looking forward to seeing the part 2 of this story from yesterday.

I've seen a lot of these catfish stories, but this one is the most outrageous IMO.

She needs some serious help.  And she should be very thankful to her very long time friend from when they met when they were 10 years old.

What I found irritating was when Dr. Phil was talking to her, she sat there with this look of "I don't believe a word you say".  It was like she knew better than he.

Honored Contributor

Most of them I feel kind of sorry for because they're old, lonely and their kids have abandoned them, but, this gal just seemed like she enjoyed her misery , so, don't bother me.

He's the type that if you don't listen to him then he won't waste his time on you, if you want to be broke then it's no skin off his nose and I guess that's the tone you have to take. He just shakes his head and moves on. 

You can lead a horse  to water, but, you can't make him drink.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

My husband died back 6 mos ago and I'm protecting my assets. I got enough sense to know that nobody is breaking down the door for 'love' of a 70 yr old woman.

@SharkE 

Sorry for your loss but everyone has to be so careful in today's time.

Was watching that show (part 1) and was talking out loud how stupid  can a woman be , when you hear about these scams all the time,seem like her friend ,her bank really tried to get through to her but she gave me the impression  nobody was going to burst her love connection. Didn't see part 2 because of the soccer game .

I understand some people are lonely, are looking for a relationship,not what I would ever turn too.Most important my money is  Mine and once someone  start asking  for help with money  GOODBYE .When you turn to the internet for LOVE -FREINDSHIP then SHAME ON YOU when this happens  WAKE UP before giving  A MILLION DOLLARS to a stranger you never met.

Honored Contributor

You are so right. Poor woman just wanted somebody to sweet talk her is what it amounts too.

I'm not a needy person I'd rather have money then a jerk who is to lazy to work and is after a fast buck. She will probably sign over POA rights and bleed her dry if he hasn't already.

It's a mad, mad world. Hope they show how it turns out. She might need

psych help when she wakes up and sees what she has done.

Respected Contributor

My husband used to say that if something happened to him, I would meet some guy who would steal my money.  I would get mad that he would  think I was so naive and gullible. But now that he's gone, I sure remember those words lol 

Honored Contributor

I was married for almost 50 yrs. I earned mine !

tough ol' broad here. Not a push over. 'He' wouldn't have nothing I want so bad that I'd give anything away. LOL

Trusted Contributor

She finally came to her senses in the second half.  Now comes the hard part....she has to mourn her losses and forgive herself.  Not an easy task.

Honored Contributor

If anyone gets OWN, the current Dr. Phil shows are on at 7am on the East Coast. They just did the Friday one today so this two parter should start tomorrow if you want to see it.  

I also have a local station in Atlanta that plays it a day behind too so check your local listings and you may yet catch it.    

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Laura14 wrote:

If anyone gets OWN, the current Dr. Phil shows are on at 7am on the East Coast. They just did the Friday one today so this two parter should start tomorrow if you want to see it.  

I also have a local station in Atlanta that plays it a day behind too so check your local listings and you may yet catch it.    

Thanks @Laura14 

@SharkE 

I just checked the listings for OWN and Part 2 comes on tomorrow (Thu 2/24) at 11:00 am EST on OWN network. 

(Part 1 is repeated at 7:00 am EST tomorrow on OWN, while Part 2 is being shown at 11:00 am EST.)  

Honored Contributor

I can get OWN so I'll watch Thurs. Thanks !

If anybody stumbles across the show where the in-laws hated their daughter in law and called her a practicing witch who they say has their son in a spell let me know.  I wasn't home when that was on and I watched few minutes of it on youtube, but, I wondered how it all ironed out.

think it was about a month ago. Most of the time his shows are just about junkies and losers. I like the inlaw haters and scam artists.

ROFL