Honored Contributor

Re: Dr. Phil Today (12//5/17)

@colliemom4 wrote:

I tried to watch it. Keyword tried lol. I had to turn it off. I couldn't keep up with all of these personalities though she called them something else. What were they called?

Programs?  Or something like that @colliemom4.  I just caught bits and pieces, but it was something strange that she used.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

@Jackhound Mom Sybil was/is based on a real person.  Dissociative Disorder is very rare.  Caused by extreme and or chronic trauma where in order for the person/victim to survive he/she splits off or disconnects from their body,feelings,emotions the event as a protective mechanism.

If one thinks they have it, they don't.  I was referred a client who claimed she has this disorder......her therapist was done with her and sent her to me.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

@Preds wrote:

@colliemom4 wrote:

I tried to watch it. Keyword tried lol. I had to turn it off. I couldn't keep up with all of these personalities though she called them something else. What were they called?

Programs?  Or something like that @colliemom4.  I just caught bits and pieces, but it was something strange that she used.

@Preds  That sounds like it. Yes. Thank you!

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Oprah had split personalities on all the time. Never forget 'Trudie' she went thru horrendous abuse . What made her split off in order to survive.

3 Faces of Eve turned out to be a hoax ! Made a movie on the subject and everything, then, just lately they said it never happened in first place.

@SharkEare you talking about Truddi Chase?  She was a faker?  I never heard that.  Would you be able to direct me to where I can read more on that?

Respected Contributor

@MickD

Thank you Mick!  I thought it was true and I get that the people who have it don't know they have it.  They just lose time and have gaps with lots of questions but no answers.  It would be terrifing to go through life like that.  

Is there a specialty doctor for this because it is so rare?

Cat

Honored Contributor

@Jackhound Mom I googled and there are psychiatrsts out there that treat this disorder.....looks like usually in conjunction with comorbid treatment of abuse, PTSD, etc....makes sense.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Trusted Contributor

@Jackhound Mom wrote:

@colliemom4

Programs Woman Frustrated  We lasted about 10 minutes, it was very unbelieveable to me JMHO.

Has any else noticed how hoarse Dr. Phill's voice has been?  Also his extremly long pauses between his words when speaking to a guest.  It's almost like he is fearful he will make a mistake or someone is telling him what to say.  Very unsettling.

The best line he delivered was a few weeks ago to a young man that had insulted his physique.  Phill's quick and witty answer was "Don't let the suit fool you!!!"  I loved it!  That's the old Dr. Phil Woman Very Happy

@Jackhound Mom

I don’t watch Dr Phil every day but I’ve been noticing a striking difference in him. He’s only 67 but he’s been acting like he is very elderly. From everything you said with the weak voice and hesitating and he looks down much of the time instead of using eye contact. I noticed he’s very hunched over and has a glass of water beside him and often see him taking a drink. These are all things he didn’t used to do before and he appears much more feeble. I could understand taking a drink when they go to break but he drinks right on camera. And his guests don’t have water beside them. I’m not wanting to sound like I’m making fun of him—but there is such a remarkable difference. 

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

Oprah had split personalities on all the time. Never forget 'Trudie' she went thru horrendous abuse . What made her split off in order to survive.

3 Faces of Eve turned out to be a hoax ! Made a movie on the subject and everything, then, just lately they said it never happened in first place.

@SharkEare you talking about Truddi Chase?  She was a faker?  I never heard that.  Would you be able to direct me to where I can read more on that?

No, didn't say she was a faker, 3 Faces of Eve story was.

Honored Contributor

@Teddie wrote:

@Jackhound Mom wrote:

@colliemom4

Programs Woman Frustrated  We lasted about 10 minutes, it was very unbelieveable to me JMHO.

Has any else noticed how hoarse Dr. Phill's voice has been?  Also his extremly long pauses between his words when speaking to a guest.  It's almost like he is fearful he will make a mistake or someone is telling him what to say.  Very unsettling.

The best line he delivered was a few weeks ago to a young man that had insulted his physique.  Phill's quick and witty answer was "Don't let the suit fool you!!!"  I loved it!  That's the old Dr. Phil Woman Very Happy

@Jackhound Mom

I don’t watch Dr Phil every day but I’ve been noticing a striking difference in him. He’s only 67 but he’s been acting like he is very elderly. From everything you said with the weak voice and hesitating and he looks down much of the time instead of using eye contact. I noticed he’s very hunched over and has a glass of water beside him and often see him taking a drink. These are all things he didn’t used to do before and he appears much more feeble. I could understand taking a drink when they go to break but he drinks right on camera. And his guests don’t have water beside them. I’m not wanting to sound like I’m making fun of him—but there is such a remarkable difference. 

He's a diabetic now he said. Might have something to do with it. If I had to sit everyday and listen to those idiots I'd hang myself. Don't know how he does it. He doesn't have to work any more. I'd hang it up. Those smart mouth kids would have me swallowing pills LOL

Esteemed Contributor

On yesterday's show, he didn't have anyone else on except the one girl for the whole hour.  At the end, he says "I want to thank all my guests".  LOL  

I found it strange that he didn't have any of her friends or relatives, or even a skype with someone.