Regular Contributor

Re: Dr. Phil Today (12//5/17)

It seemed to be extremely canned as far as some of her answers and responses.   Just for the sake of it 'might' be true, who in their right mind would go on national television to display that kind of behavior?

Honored Contributor

She's not in her right mind @Ptaz and she went on for help especially since she is a mother.  Sounds like her family is in dire need of services as well.  

Honored Contributor

Oprah had split personalities on all the time. Never forget 'Trudie' she went thru horrendous abuse . What made her split off in order to survive.

3 Faces of Eve turned out to be a hoax ! Made a movie on the subject and everything, then, just lately they said it never happened in first place.

Respected Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

Which one of me were you talking to?

Hahahahahaha, thanks!

Respected Contributor

@colliemom4

Programs Woman Frustrated  We lasted about 10 minutes, it was very unbelieveable to me JMHO.

Has any else noticed how hoarse Dr. Phill's voice has been?  Also his extremly long pauses between his words when speaking to a guest.  It's almost like he is fearful he will make a mistake or someone is telling him what to say.  Very unsettling.

The best line he delivered was a few weeks ago to a young man that had insulted his physique.  Phill's quick and witty answer was "Don't let the suit fool you!!!"  I loved it!  That's the old Dr. Phil Woman Very Happy

Respected Contributor

@Laura14

Did you see his show with poor Shellie Duvall?  That was true mental illness I believe.  I loved her in all her movies from Popeye to the Shining and I really hoppe she got help.  The end of the show if memory serves said she had refused all treatment.  Please correct me if I am wrong.

Cathy

Honored Contributor

@Jackhound Mom wrote:

@Laura14

Did you see his show with poor Shellie Duvall?  That was true mental illness I believe.  I loved her in all her movies from Popeye to the Shining and I really hoppe she got help.  The end of the show if memory serves said she had refused all treatment.  Please correct me if I am wrong.

Cathy

@Jackhound Mom  Yes!  I think she did go but then left because she wanted to go back home.  I want to say her mother did not support Dr. Phil getting her help and was angry at her daughter being put on tv.  

Respected Contributor

Sorry if I'm hogging your thread. Please forgive me as I find this topic so interesting.  Did anyone here see Sally Field in "Sybil?"  I thought that was an outstanding movie about multiple personalities.  I can't remember if that was fiction or taken from someone's life?

Respected Contributor

@Laura14

Thanks for the info dear one!

Have a wonderful day!

Cathy

Respected Contributor

@Laura14

Thank you Laura.  I couldn't remember.