Respected Contributor

@aubnwa01 wrote:

@sophiamarie wrote:

For the first time in forever, I deleted it into the first five minutes because I thought it was going to be some silly, ridiculous show.  

Now, what do I do????  How do I get it back.  When can I see it again?  You all got me interested now.

My DVR has a Trash section where deleted stuff goes, maybe yours does too?

Mine has a "deleted" section where you can restore deleted programs - but you only have a day or two.  Then they're deleted permanently.  

Try watching online too.

Honored Contributor

Re: waste of time: Dr. Phil Thurs. show

@HLP wrote:

I had to watch, I was in Drs. office waiting room. This is a show for people who like to air their problems in public. It was such a sick show it made me mad I even had to listen to it. Why would anyone waste their time on someone elses, mental problems. I just hope Dr.? Phil, airs this gorgeous wedding. What a crock. Too many beautiful things in life, to waste my time on such tripe.

People "waste their time on someone else's mental problems" all the time they're called psychologists, psychiatrists, mental health providers.

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

I did watch this and I was getting more mad the longer I watched.  I don't blame Dr. Phil for not shaking their hands at the end.  I have seen him do this a few times when people just ignored his advice and his gracious and kind offer to help them.  It's true --- you extend an offer to help, which some people would jumpt at the chance and be so grateful for, and then they just go about their merry way.  Some of those guests go on his show acting like they want help, when in reality, they just want to be on t.v. and get more attention for their ridiculous and crazy behaviors.

I did feel sorry for the girl at first but as the show progressed, I saw where she was an enabler and was to fault as well.  She said she didn't want him to act like this and would not marry him that way, but then she was not willing to follow through with her actions.  So, as Dr. Phil pretty much said -  though not in these words --- you make your bed --- then ---- you deserve what you get.

I didn't understand either and they didn't make it clear -- where was this man getting money to have a home and survive if he did not work?  

I am sorry but this man totally has mental issues and does need help.  And the girl seems not far behind if she refuses to accept this and to help him --- not enable him.

It's sad but then if you are offered wonderful help and refuse, so be it, I guess.  What's to be done?  I am just afraid he may go off the deep end sometime and hurt someone. 

Back in post # 5 that's what I pointed out. He admitted to going online and seeking out people , that in his distorted mind, he could deliver 'justice' to.

I really think his time in the military and things he probably saw while serving has warped his brain.

These days you don't set yourself up as a caped crusader and purposely challenge all these nut jobs that's running around.

Honored Contributor

I thought Robin was going to run away with him after she walked off in that black leather dress ensemble.  She's got the right name and everything.  

Respected Contributor

It was obvious to me that Dr. Phil got to the root of the problem.  The guy did not want to commit to marriage.  The woman mentioned a few times how much of her life she invested in this relationship.  It was clear she wanted to marry this guy no matter what.  It was clear this guy does NOT want to marry her.  The whole issue escalated right after they became engaged.  They are doomed.  I feel bad for the fiance.  She is a pretty, intelligent, hard working, loyal woman who deserves better. 

Honored Contributor

Nailed it @Suzeecat

I felt bad for the girl but now she knows better.  I get she's known nothing else since 14 and she's afraid to step out as an adult and find better. I really hope she doesn't waste another decade on him if he doesn't grow up and be honest with himself and her or create a child to "fix" him.

Although as you could tell from the father and the whole dog issue, the apple didn't fall far from the tree. 

I so wanted to say to her run and fast.  She needs a good talking to by a wise woman.  I also wondered where are her parents waving red flags all over her?  If they exist, I am going to guess this is not what they imagined for son in law material.    

Honored Contributor

It seemed like she was at the beginning, but, then she lost traction and sided against Dr. Phil .

We reap what we sow, she could do better. Wonder if she has any parents or anybody who could get her back on track.

I bet he will have a follow up on that pair.

Respected Contributor

I was hoping that they would interview one of HER parents to see what they thought of their daughter wasting her life with this loser. 

Honored Contributor

@Suzeecat  Me too!

Esteemed Contributor

For those who responded:

I deleted the show the first five minutes into it, so it never recorded.  That's all I will get if I go to my "deleted" stuff.

I just remembered - I can watch it now online or even on my phone.  

LOL - The one time I thought "this is crazy - who wants to watch a Batman clown?  I really thought it was a total waste of time.  I have never seen a thread this long on any Dr. Phil show.  LOL  Now, y'all have piqued my interest.

I'll be back.......  Thanks again everyone......