Honored Contributor

Anybody else watch today's Phil episode about that drunk woman who wouldn't get sober even though he sent her off to TJ Howard and his rehab place ?

I'm afraid that poor woman just can't be helped. Whatever she's drinking to forget must be a whopper.

My heart broke for her 2 daughters. So sad.

Depressing.

Honored Contributor

People don't drink to forget.  They drink because they're chemically addicted to alcohol. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

For what ever reason that chick had the monkey secure on her back.

She was the worst drunk I've ever seen and I grew up with a few in and around my tee pee.

Trusted Contributor

People drink for many reasons..... I was an addictions counselor at a rehab center.... one man had been in rehab  63 times.... he was an addict, for sure.... one gal checked in for her first time and never had to return..... 

Lots of research has been done on the brain since I worked there.... I am so glad for that....

I believe I have read that addiction is in some people's genes.... it is also in a family's dynamics, at times.... 

If a person has a propensity to become an addict that person may only take a few drinks socially and then it may become a problem.... others may take the same amount of alcohol and never become addicted.... 

One thing that I have read about lately is that some new programs for rehab are not using the 12 steps..... now I found that interesting..... and I hope that some people can find what they need thru that route....

Honored Contributor

I got an addiction to pastry. LOL

This gal was pitiful. Dr. Phil had a water bottle she had been drinking from and sniffed it and he went Phew ! it had a swallow left in it and right there on the stage the gal hollered "give it to me" he poured it out on the stage.

I think some folks you can't help. Only when they bought out 2 liver organs and showed one bloated with 23 yrs of drinking and the person died that it belonged too and a normal looking liver. She had trouble with that hollering "take it away " !!!!   She was in her 50's and it's gonna be hard to break her off the juice.

Honored Contributor

I saw it and I remember her first appearance.  She was kind of hard to forget.  

I think a lot of today's story was staged for effect.  I know that's his schtick for the past several years but sometimes I think the situation is pathetic enough without creating unnecessary dramatic moments.

I really hope she made it to the center this time and really commits to getting herself well. I'm a little surprised she was sent back to the same place since it obviously didn't work the first time.  She may need another type of approach.   

Honored Contributor

Still say she had past unresolved issues that was eating her up.

If she could dry up long enough to have a good discussion with somebody they could figure out what she was trying to block.

Nobody could actually like the taste of that stuff enough to get addictive to it.

She was downing qts of vodka.

Honored Contributor

Totally agree.  Numbing pain we all have to some degree I am sure.

Honored Contributor

Re: Dr. Phil 9-8- episode

[ Edited ]

I'm married   !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1%23scream.gif