Respected Contributor

Dr Phil - 11 y.o pot-smoking, gun toting kid

I swore I'd quit watching Dr. Phil, but the commercial made me think "WTH"?

I'm actually a little surprised this kid hasn't seriously hurt someone by now considering his upbringing.  Drug addicted parents, violent father killed escaping from police, living in a car or drug houses...unbelievable.

And I'm glad Dr. Phil went off on the grandmother, who when questioned why SHE didn't do something whined "well, I tried".  Call the cops on your daughter and take custody, woman!  Evidently, she just didn't want to.

ARGGGH.  Back to boycotting this useless show.

Denise
Honored Contributor

Re: Dr Phil - 11 y.o pot-smoking, gun toting kid

@denisemb  I always say I won't watch but then sometimes I just can't look away lol. I didn't see the show you are speaking of but did see one about a young woman that wouldn't take a shower recently. Her family claims she hasn't showered properly if at all in years.I don't know if you saw that one. That's pretty crazy about the 11 year old. Very sad story.

Respected Contributor

@colliemom4 

If you get the OWN channel, it's being replayed tomorrow morning at 5:00 am.

Yes, I saw the preview you're speaking of, and couldn't do it 2 days in a row, LOL.

Denise
Esteemed Contributor

I'd watch the show if I happened to see it was on, but there are too many commercials!

Cogito ergo sum
Respected Contributor

@denisembI have somewhat quit my Dr. Phil habit/addiction.  I didn't particularly think last season was all that interesting, and when this new season began, I just wasn't interested in the topic of the day so I switched over to Judge Judy.

However, when there is nothing on TV I do check the OWN network to see if at least reruns of Dr. Phil are on.  And they usually are.  And I've seen practically every show, even though they are years and years old, I remember the faces and how the program usually ends the same way all the time - rehab or life coaching or counseling at some facility that is tops in the country.  Or its Dr. on Demand which (in case you didn't know) was developed by he and his son - Jay -.......

My only suggestion to quit the habit is to make an app't. with yourself to go for a walk at that time of day.  Or you can begin meal prep for dinner, go check the mail, go for a bike ride, just make a habit of doing something else for that hour.  Or, you can join me in watching JJ!!  Cat Tongue

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jellyBEAN wrote:

@denisembI have somewhat quit my Dr. Phil habit/addiction.  I didn't particularly think last season was all that interesting, and when this new season began, I just wasn't interested in the topic of the day so I switched over to Judge Judy.

However, when there is nothing on TV I do check the OWN network to see if at least reruns of Dr. Phil are on.  And they usually are.  And I've seen practically every show, even though they are years and years old, I remember the faces and how the program usually ends the same way all the time - rehab or life coaching or counseling at some facility that is tops in the country.  Or its Dr. on Demand which (in case you didn't know) was developed by he and his son - Jay -.......

My only suggestion to quit the habit is to make an app't. with yourself to go for a walk at that time of day.  Or you can begin meal prep for dinner, go check the mail, go for a bike ride, just make a habit of doing something else for that hour.  Or, you can join me in watching JJ!!  Cat Tongue

LOLOL  Yup, this didn't end with Doc on demand, but the former (which I'm guessing isn't going to happen).

I was doin' good, but (said in my best Al Pacino voice from Godfather III) "Just when I thought I was out - they pull me back in!"

Denise