Honored Contributor

Re: Dr. OZ is morphing into Dr. Phil?

I'm 'the odd one out' here.  I never watched Dr. Oz for years and years, although friends, family were always watching.  'Anyhow', beginning a couple of years ago, I began to watch and enjoy his show, taking notes, etc. Learned a lot from his guests and their various books.  And now, I truly enjoy his Tuesday and Thursday True Crime segments.  Those segments add interest to the normal food and nutrition talk that we seem to see and hear from just about everywhere.  Wishing his show success.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Trusted Contributor

Well if Dr. Oz...whom I haven’t watched I ages for good reason..is turning into Dr. Phil...... Dr. Phil is turning into Maury.

Esteemed Contributor

@RedHeadedWench wrote:

Well if Dr. Oz...whom I haven’t watched I ages for good reason..is turning into Dr. Phil...... Dr. Phil is turning into Maury.

Maury's trashy show is so much more ethical than Dr.Phil. Dr. Phil learned how to make many more millions than poor Maury ever thought about. Dr. Phil and his entire family. There isn't a kick-back he won't take advantage of. I believe in capitalism, but he needs looked into.

Honored Contributor

I'm over the sensationalism too.  I've thought for a while millenials are running the show topics.  If they actually knew their audience, they would get us back to talking about the basic medical information concerning the issues most of us deal with on a daily or occasional basis. And not just the latest diet theory.

It may be boring to the younger generation but as we age, I'd like to know what works for some and not so for others on the basic common aging topics.

I hate the "commercials" for his "trusted sponsorship partners" and I fast forward through most of the show these days.  We need a new doctor show that's actually a doctor show.  

Esteemed Contributor

I don't watch either one of them.  I think they're both quacks.

Respected Contributor

And Dr. Phil has morphed into Jerry Springer.

Valued Contributor

I know, really!

Super Contributor

LOL!...I stopped watching both a long time ago...I've never been a fan of Dr. Phil and cannot look at Robin and all of her surgery...Dr. Oz should have just stuck with making appearances on shows instead of trying to carry his own show because he can not...when I do watch Oz when he has someone on that I want to see, it's painful because his audience doesn't even seem interested even when there's a cooking segment and he passes out food, it's hilarious.

Honored Contributor

@Cumbercookie13 - my feelings exactly.

I always thought he was a quack and a snake oil salesman, even back in his Oprah days.

Honored Contributor

@topcat10 wrote:

LOL!...I stopped watching both a long time ago...I've never been a fan of Dr. Phil and cannot look at Robin and all of her surgery...Dr. Oz should have just stuck with making appearances on shows instead of trying to carry his own show because he can not...when I do watch Oz when he has someone on that I want to see, it's painful because his audience doesn't even seem interested even when there's a cooking segment and he passes out food, it's hilarious.

@topcat10

LOL .....  well, at least Dr Oz is a real doctor! 

Dr Phil (& his wife) are such creepy people ...