Honored Contributor

Re: Dr. Nowzaradan of My 600lb Life Sued

I don't have a feel if it's a true story or not.  Assuming it's true, why three years to file a lawsuit.  The story said it was caught days after the surgery in 2015.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624  If this happened, why didn't someone on his surgical team notice this?  I can't believe that no one noticed.

Esteemed Contributor

He'll be seeing a jump in his malpractice insurance.

Contributor

I used to watch the show on occasion until the last episode I viewed was of a greater than 700lb woman who, though she could not get out of bed or bathe herself, managed to get a boyfriend via the internet, who she then manipulated to procure her food using her sexual prowess..."if I don't get what I want, you don't get what you want, and I know what you want."  I don't fault anyone for seeking companionship, but this behavior literally just turned my stomach.  It also didn't surprise me that she was one of the few who, after several failed weight loss attempts, lame excuses and arguments, was deemed not a candidate by Dr. Now, as he washed his hands of her and discharged her from the hospital.

Honored Contributor

Speaking of this show, I think the producers should make room in the budget to buy these people some underwear.  How many times do we have to see them flailing around in that bed with the big blur over the taboo regions?  We can also live without the shower scene in the beginning of the show.

Esteemed Contributor

@faeriemoon

Regarding the shower scene at the beginning of the show, my take on that is that so we the viewers see that they actually shower. But I myself wonder how often??

I am also sick of hearing the caregiver (if that's the right word, they should be called their feeders) say that the loved one will yell at them if they don't feed them what they want. So lame.