Honored Contributor

Dr. Alex Karev leaving Grey's Anatomy!

He is one of the originals. I just read it on E News. He wants to branch out into other things it sounds like! Wonder what they will do with Jo's character.....???

Honored Contributor

Re: Dr. Alex Karev leaving Grey's Anatomy!

15 years on the same series is a very long time, kudos to him!!

Honored Contributor

I haven't watched at all this season, so thanks for the info. After all my years of watching, it just wore me out, but I always liked Alex.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

This show has gotten so stale, Once Alex leaves, there willI only be three original cast members that are still on the show. 

Trusted Contributor

I'm sorry to hear this. I will miss him! 

Respected Contributor

I like Dr. Karev.  Sorry to see him go.  I wonder if they will kill him off, or what.  Jo has been a fragile mess, so I hope it's not something to set her off again.  Her conflicted behaviors can become tiresome.  

Esteemed Contributor

I always liked him. 

Every time I watch an episode I think "the writing is so good, I don't want it to end!"  It's been rare that I didn't like an episode.

I will really miss him and the show.  I read that his last show has already aired.  So I guess everything will be flashbacks now. 

Respected Contributor

his character has really grown, over the years. i really like him, especially now. he always seems to be the voice of reason. i hope he takes jo, with him. i wouldn't mind if maggie, left too.

Honored Contributor

What will Meredith do without Alex, he has been "Her Person" since Christina left?

Respected Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

What will Meredith do without Alex, he has been "Her Person" since Christina left?

she should get christina, to come back!