Trusted Contributor

I hate watching the final season of a great show like Downton Abbey.  Just too sad, but, of course, I'm going to watch.  Maybe in a few years, they'll do a Downton Abbey Revisited!!!!  Not likely, I know, but I definitely will watch the whole series again when they run them.

Honored Contributor

I've pre-ordered the last season from amazon to complete my set - delivery in January as soon as the series begins on US tv.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

Poor Mr. Bates still not off the hook. Man's life is a Greek tragedy.

Best looking man on there, I think. That 'Barrows' can survive anything that gets thrown at him, unfortunately. He always comes out smelling like a rose.

Super Contributor

Did any of you ever watch the series Happy Valley?  I found it on Netflix some months ago and I really enjoyed it but I couldn't help but wonder who was the actress who played the police woman's sister in the series because she looked so familiar.  When I finally looked her up, the sister was played by the Lady's maid in Downton Abbey - the wicked one who was a friend of the wicked footman.  In the Downton Abbey story she upped and disappeared.  She was good in Happy Valley.

On a different note, I saw a blurb the other day that Julian Fellowes has left a vague opening in the final Downton Abbey (didn't say what) just in case someone decides in the future to bring it back.  I hope they do.

Honored Contributor

I'll miss Mr. Bates. only one with any sense. Brendon Coyle, think his name is. I read where he was glad to be leaving though. Poor man couldn't cut a break. I'm on Season 5 keep hoping Barrows gets his due. LOL