Esteemed Contributor

Re: Downton Abbey

[ Edited ]

@qualitygal 

If you loved the series, see the movie.

I made a point of going to the theater to see it, and I haven't gone to the movies in 20+ years.

It was so satisfying and wrapped up most of the lose ends left by the TV series.

Just wonderful!  I must see it again.

Trusted Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@qualitygal 

If you loved the series, see the movie.

I made a point of going to the theater to see it, and I haven't gone to the movies in 20+ years.

It was so satisfying and wrapped up most of the lose ends left by the TV series.

Just wonderful!  I must see it again.

@Witchy Woman Same here!  It had been at least 15 years since I went to a movie theater.  My sister and I made an afternoon of it, went to lunch and then the matinee.  We were both huge fans of the series.  What a great movie!!😍

Trusted Contributor

Recently learned that DVD & Blu Ray will be available on Amazon on 12/17.

I cannot get to theater and am thrilled about this.  Will be my Xmas gift to myself.

Respected Contributor

My sister and I went to see the movie and loved it.  I will be purchasing the DVD also to keep with thecollection of Downton Abbey series I purchased over the years.  I watched the series on PBS, but just had to buy the DVDs also to be able to go back and watch whenever I wanted to.

I see where they made alot of money from the movie and wonder if they will be thinking about making another movie soon.  It would be spectacular if they did.  

Honored Contributor

I wonder how long it'll take to be on Dish ?

Trusted Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

I wonder how long it'll take to be on Dish ?

@Tinkrbl44 

In the past when Dish Network still had HBO it generally took a year for newer movies to air.  We lost it because of ATT taking over HBO and getting horribly greedy with cost for Satellite subscriptions.

Anyhow, since this a PBS movie, there is no telling how long it will take to air.  Interesting question.  I may look for a forum on PBS where questions can be asked, and see if there are any plans for this.

I still think I would like to have the DVD, but nice to just tune in on TV and watch.

Happy Holidays to All !!!