Honored Contributor

Downton Abbey first motion picture

[ Edited ]

Ready for a royal holiday treat?  The Crawley family is coming home to MASTERPIECE this holiday season with a very special presentation of the first Downton Abbeymovie (2019). See it on Christmas Day and a repeat on January 2, 2022! Don't miss it on TV since the movie will not be available for streaming.  

Check your own local time listings.  I went to the theater and saw it didn't like it that much. Hopefully, the next one in March, think it is, will be better.
Honored Contributor

Re: Downton Abbey first motion picture

@SharkE You know, I saw the movie, and I don't remember one thing about except thinking it was a cheap money grab.  

I may see it again because it will all be new to me!  Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Thank you for the heads-up.  I haven't seen it so will try to watch one of the two airings.  Will the Call The Midwife Christmas Special still air on Christmas?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ValuSkr wrote:

Thank you for the heads-up.  I haven't seen it so will try to watch one of the two airings.  Will the Call The Midwife Christmas Special still air on Christmas?

@ValuSkr 

It's on my local PBS for that date and Sunday, December 26 too, airing a bit earlier on Sunday.

Honored Contributor

don't know anything about the Midwife shows. Subject matter didn't interest me.

Thing I didn't care about the motion picture of the show is it was all based on the visit from the King and Queen Mary and how the wait staff all got their panties in a twist over who was going to prepare the food, present the food, who was going to be allowed to be in the dining room, etc.

Since I'm a English history buff on the kings and queens only thing I could 

think about is how they would have had to hide anything from Queen Mary because she was known to be a collector and if she saw you had anything that she wanted to add to her collection or just admired the people would be compelled to give to her. LOL

Valued Contributor

The movie was already on tv here, don't know when. I do remember watching, a bit boring, but I don't know which channel it was on, we have 4 pbs channels here.

Honored Contributor

Wonderful, I love Downton Abbey and will watch any version they present. I can't wait for the new movie next year !  Carson, bring the tea tray !

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I just watched it a few days ago. It's free on the free version of Peacock streaming service.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SharkE So glad you posted this!  I missed the movie when it first came out so will definitely watch it as I loved the series.

Honored Contributor

Love Downton Abbey! Thanks @SharkE .