Esteemed Contributor

Downton Abbey Returns!

[ Edited ]

In anticipation of the movie that will be out in September, PBS will have a special, June 2-11 (starting Sunday, June 2, at 9 pm to 11 pm.), hosted by Jim Carter (Mr. Carson).  There will be clips from the shows, interviews, and clips from the upcoming movie.

Revision:  I just checked my local PBS station and they are airing the show at 11:30 a.m. on Sunday, June 2.  Make sure to check your local stations for times!

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

@SXMGirl wrote:

In anticipation of the movie that will be out in September, PBS will have a special, June 2-11 (starting Sunday, June 2, at 9 pm to 11 pm.), hosted by Jim Carter (Mr. Carson).  There will be clips from the shows, interviews, and clips from the upcoming movie.

Thanks for the tip. I've missed it so much

Valued Contributor

@SXMGirl wrote:

---

My PBS station does not have it scheduled for June.  It sounds like it may be one of those "specials" that my PBS station uses to attract viewers during pledge week.

Now that you have brought it to my attention, I will be on the lookout for it in the upcoming months prior to the movie's release.

Esteemed Contributor

@Highlands72  I just checked the PBS channel that carried Downton Abbey and they are showing it starting at 11:30 a.m. on Sunday.  I am so glad that I looked because I would have missed it.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Trusted Contributor
@SXMGirl
Thank you for this heads-up! Can't wait for The Crawleys to return on the big screen. 💜
Honored Contributor

I'll just wait for the movie.  I'm sure my girlfriends and I will go as group and make a night of it.    I loved the show but it hasn't been gone so long that I need that type of refresher.  I'm just praying that the movie has the same quality and writing and appeal that the tv show had.  I hope it doesn't fall flat on it's face the way SATC did.  Such a great show, so man adoring fans and the movies were a disappointment.  

Respected Contributor

I can totally wait.

Trusted Contributor

I watched this show tonight on my local PBS station, and it was wonderful!  They showed memorable moments from the tv series, as well as some brief scenes from the upcoming movie in September.  It did have two pledge breaks in it, but other than that, I really enjoyed it and can't wait for the movie. 

Valued Contributor

Can I go with you and your friends?  

None of my friends never watched the series and don't care about it.

Of course, I am just joking about going with you!!!

Honored Contributor

I caught it last night and it was nicely done.  A great mix of scenes of our favorite moments (and even some we may have forgotten), interspersed with all too brief clips from the movie.

The movie is out September 20.  I'm already planning to buy the DVD edition to make my set of the tv seasons complete.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.