Respected Contributor

I loved the TV series but didn't care for the movie so I won't be going to see it in the movie theatre.  Maybe when it's streaming...

Respected Contributor

@kittykatkay wrote:

@QVCkitty1 ...... I also watched the first movie in the theater and loved it so much that I bought the DVD to watch again and again, lol.  I love Downton Abbey and wish they would continue the series back on PBS.  But, in the meantime, I am hoping to see the new movie as well.

Here is a preview of the new movie.  Looks great and love that Maggie Smith is in it.  I hope she continues to be in this.

https://youtu.be/KyqfO_BoIYQ

kittykatkay:  Thank you for posting the trailer.  I cannot wait to see this.  The music, the clothing, the scenery, the story, everything looks so fantastic.  And that villa!

Respected Contributor

@LuvSoCal wrote:

I plan on seeing this when it comes out in a couple of weeks.  It will be my first movie at the theatre in more than two years.  I can taste the popcorn already!

I binge watched all the seasons on Netflix but have not seen the first movie.  I will look for it on dvd.

@LuvSoCal ...you can order the DVD from Walmart for $4.99 or for blu-ray for $7.99.  They also sell both the tv series and the movie in one package for $$37.99 on DVD is anyone is interested in getting both.  Just type in "Downton Abbey the movie" and see the choices.

Respected Contributor

@lovesallanimals wrote:

@kittykatkay wrote:

@QVCkitty1 ...... I also watched the first movie in the theater and loved it so much that I bought the DVD to watch again and again, lol.  I love Downton Abbey and wish they would continue the series back on PBS.  But, in the meantime, I am hoping to see the new movie as well.

Here is a preview of the new movie.  Looks great and love that Maggie Smith is in it.  I hope she continues to be in this.

https://youtu.be/KyqfO_BoIYQ

kittykatkay:  Thank you for posting the trailer.  I cannot wait to see this.  The music, the clothing, the scenery, the story, everything looks so fantastic.  And that villa!

@lovesallanimals ...you are welcome.  I can't wait either and yes.....that villa, lol.

Honored Contributor

I think this one will be better then the first one that was all about a dust up between the hired help.

Trusted Contributor

Instead of all these movies every few years, wish they would have just continued the PBS series.