Valued Contributor

Re: Downton Abbey Final show

I usually tape the show because I find it hard to be watching without any breaks for 50+ min.    Two hours tomorrow night will be even harder.  If you have to take a bathroom break, you can miss a lot of dialogue and storylines.

It seems like they are wrapping this show up so fast.   It could have gone on for more seasons.   It hasn't been on that long.    

Oh well, all the shows I love go off the air!

Valued Contributor

I want to see Barrow change and become like a Nanny to Mary's son.   I want to see Daisy get out of the kitchen.   

Other hopes:

Edith to be happy.

Anna & Bates to be happy parents

Mrs. Crawley (I love her) Isobel to get some high powered position doing something wonderful.

Tom find some nice lady.

Mr Molesley and Baxter get together

That young boy reads!

Some of my "happy" endings.

Honored Contributor

Doesn't this last episode take place in the future .... by a year or two?

Honored Contributor

Can't stand that mean ol' bat that works for the Dowanger. Fire her rear.

Esteemed Contributor

@Frosted Cake wrote:

I want to see Barrow change and become like a Nanny to Mary's son.   I want to see Daisy get out of the kitchen.   

Other hopes:

Edith to be happy.

Anna & Bates to be happy parents

Mrs. Crawley (I love her) Isobel to get some high powered position doing something wonderful.

Tom find some nice lady.

Mr Molesley and Baxter get together

That young boy reads!

Some of my "happy" endings.

-----------------------------

Was just talking to DD and we want to see several of your happy endings!!  We'd like to see Barrow have a good, happy life, the Bates have a baby,Tom marry for love....  

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

I know Masterpiece is great, but I don't think they can ever equal Downton!

This was a great one. The British are so outstanding at this,I wouldn't be surprised if they did outdo Downton one day. They did The Six Wives of Henry  years and years ago that was magnificent. Costumes,dialogue..perfect.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Trusted Contributor

I am going to miss Downton Abbey so much.  What a wonderful series it has been.  I read that Julian Fellowes' next project is called "The Gilded Age", and it is about the 1920's in America, so I am hopeful that it will feature the same opulence and beautiful costumes that Downton did.  Looking forward to "Call The Midwife" returning soon as well.

Super Contributor

@MoJoV wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

I know Masterpiece is great, but I don't think they can ever equal Downton!

This was a great one. The British are so outstanding at this,I wouldn't be surprised if they did outdo Downton one day. They did The Six Wives of Henry  years and years ago that was magnificent. Costumes,dialogue..perfect.

I really loved "The Six Wives" and don't forget Glenda Jackson in "Elizabeth R"!!! I have both sets on DVDs, after Netflix stopped carrying them, lol!

Honored Contributor

In today's 'Parade' that's in the Sunday Paper there is information about what the characters will be doing now and 'Anna' really has an interesting show coming up in the Fall.

Honored Contributor

I've seen the final episode and cannot wait to see it again.

Spoiler
It's a good one, for sure!