Super Contributor

Downton Abbey Fans: There has been a Clooney sighting!

Smile He became friends with Hugh Bonneville while filming The Monuments Men and they connived together to get him an appearance on the Downton Abbey Christmas special.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/09/11/george-clooney-to-make-downton-abbey-appearance.ht...

Not a big Downton fan, but will have to check this out. Love George.

Honored Contributor

Re: Downton Abbey Fans: There has been a Clooney sighting!

Too bad, I'm getting tired of the Hollywood guest parts.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

I like Downton and George. Thanks for the heads up!

Honored Contributor

I have never cared for George Clooney. I do love Downtown Abey. I did see that though.

Esteemed Contributor

More interesting...whose wedding is he attending in the episode?
Keepin' it real.
Respected Contributor

On 9/15/2014 esmerelda said: More interesting...whose wedding is he attending in the episode?

Well, it has been rumored that Michelle Dockery wants to leave the show so perhaps it is Lady Mary. Can the show survive without her? I find her kind of dour but she is the big draw.

Super Contributor

Read it in the paper this morning! Excited!

Respected Contributor

He will not be on the actual show---read this. Not only is George Clooney about to marry a Brit, he's also set to visit the ultimate British period drama – Downton Abbey. A spokesperson for ITV, which broadcasts the show in the United Kingdom, confirms to PEOPLE that the Oscar winner is participating in a short charity sketch set in the Downton Abbey world that will air "around Christmas time." Alas, his character will not appear on the actual show, which premieres its fifth season Sept. 21 in the U.K. The actor, 53, will appear in a one-off sketch aiding the ITV charity Text Santa – an annual fundraiser which raises money for U.K. charities during the Christmas season. The skit will also not air in the United States. Clooney, who reportedly plays a wedding guest, struck up a friendship with Hugh Bonneville, who stars as Downton's patriarch Robert Crawley, while filming The Monuments Men together.
Honored Contributor

Hummmm......not throwing stones but I have read in several places over time that some actors make commercials (I know George's is not a commercial) and do very different things for other countries with the instructions that they aren't to be shown on American TV.

I remember reading that about Brad Pitt (whom I adore). He doesn't (or didn't used to allow) his commercials to be shown in the US. Supposedly (see the word ahead of this) these stars consider it affecting their commercial appeal if they are shown in some of the commercials.

I don't know if any of it is true. I do know that I would have liked to have seen him in it.

I've never cared for him because I've always thought he was full of himself. He acts like he isn't but his actions say otherwise.

I didn't like him when he was on Sisters way back in 1991.