Contributor

Re: Doubling Down with the Derricos

[ Edited ]

I would wear similar colors as well with that large of a family.

A. It cuts down on wash. Everbody wears orange today and tonight we do one really big load of orange.  

B. If you are somewhere like a park, zoo, etc., if someone wanders away, they are very easy to spot.

I did this for my own family and their were only 5 of us  Smiley Happy

They are a very loving family.

Esteemed Contributor

I really have no interest in the show, but did see the parents on my morning news. They seemed like a nice, positive couple and I hope their show does well. From what I understood, she didn’t take any fertility drugs; the twins and triplets happened naturally. Those who watched the show, is my understanding correct?
Honored Contributor

@Alter Ego wrote:
I really have no interest in the show, but did see the parents on my morning news. They seemed like a nice, positive couple and I hope their show does well. From what I understood, she didn’t take any fertility drugs; the twins and triplets happened naturally. Those who watched the show, is my understanding correct?

@Alter Ego  On a preview for the show I heard her say she didn't take any fertility drugs.

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

@deeva wrote:

I was also so surprised at how well behaved the children are. When I watch Outdaughtered, it's nothing but chaos. But I still love Hazel. 

Why surprised?  Well behaved?  WOW.  Not a kind comment.  Two very, very different families.  Let me just log out now.  

Honored Contributor

@thechedda wrote:

@deeva wrote:

I was also so surprised at how well behaved the children are. When I watch Outdaughtered, it's nothing but chaos. But I still love Hazel. 

Why surprised?  Well behaved?  WOW.  Not a kind comment.  Two very, very different families.  Let me just log out now.  

I  think its a surprise because other kids on tv are all over the place.  Outdaughtered although a cute show they are out of control.  The parents have to have their whole family help them whenever they go anyplace.  The Derricos for example the grandma had all 11 of them at once and no nonsense.  The little couple for example those kids don't listen at all and there are only 2 of them lol. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@thechedda wrote:

@deeva wrote:

So what if the familes are different?  They both have mutltiples. 

See Ya!

Respected Contributor

I just watched the first episode this morning.  They seem like a very loving family.  Karen said after having two miscarriages she started taking progesterone.  Do you think she is still taking it and that is why she continues to have multiples?  If so do you think that is rather irresponsible given that she continues to have high risk pregnancies?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ninjawife wrote:

I just watched the first episode this morning.  They seem like a very loving family.  Karen said after having two miscarriages she started taking progesterone.  Do you think she is still taking it and that is why she continues to have multiples?  If so do you think that is rather irresponsible given that she continues to have high risk pregnancies?

@ninjawife  Progesterone helps the uterus tissue thicken and may have helped to prevent her from having further miscarriages. I'm doubtful she's still taking it because I know someone that's taking it that just had a hysterectomy. I may be wrong.

Esteemed Contributor

@thechedda wrote:

@deeva wrote:

They now have 14 children.  It would be totally normal to see a little acting out from a kid or two.  

The mother  had a hard time with the c section.  I think they mentioned scarring.  I hope she watches her health.  Scarring  can be a big problem.

Honored Contributor

I am watching this for the first time.  I find it so boring. Sure they have a boat load of kids....nothing new for reality TV. I just do not see where this story line is going to go any different from all the other similar shows. I think the "store" should close now after the last three she just had. Enough already.