Honored Contributor

Doubling Down with the Derricos

Wow what a difference this show is.  11 kids and no whinning or running around. The grandma is watching all 11 by herself while dad is at hospital with mom.  Mom and dad have a kind loving relationship. Kids seem niice and sweet 

Honored Contributor

Re: Doubling Down with the Derricos

I watched part of the show recently. It must have been the first episode. The mom was in the hospital shaking all over. It was tough to watch.

The kids are sweet. I really like the grandma too. I just don't understand why they keep having children. It seems dangerous at this point.

Honored Contributor

@colliemom4 wrote:

I watched part of the show recently. It must have been the first episode. The mom was in the hospital shaking all over. It was tough to watch.

The kids are sweet. I really like the grandma too. I just don't understand why they keep having children. It seems dangerous at this point.

I agree, she seems to have a tough time.  The triplets she just had she could hardly carry them.  They are premature. They do take good care of their kids.  I believe he does something in real esate, an investor?

Respected Contributor

How would you be able to give that many kids the love and attention they need and want individually.  I had two and sometimes I felt one was getting more attention than the other.  I don't understand the reason people have that many children.  

Esteemed Contributor

@chiclet wrote:

How would you be able to give that many kids the love and attention they need and want individually.  I had two and sometimes I felt one was getting more attention than the other.  I don't understand the reason people have that many children.  

@chiclet 

To get a tv show like the Duggars?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

It is amazing that her fertilized eggs always split, causing identical siblings- But they need to just stop...    I'm an identical twin also. I find the show kinda boring- 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was also so surprised at how well behaved the children are. When I watch Outdaughtered, it's nothing but chaos. But I still love Hazel. 

Honored Contributor

I keep reading this thread title as Doubling Down With Doritos which I've done way too much of during this pandemic. 😄
Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
I keep reading this thread title as Doubling Down With Doritos which I've done way too much of during this pandemic. 😄

Ha!  Good one, Pearley.   I sometimes see a thread title wrong and have to look again.   Smiley Very Happy

AS to the Derricos - I recorded and watched the first episode because I was really curious about all the multiples.   I don't generally watch shows that are kid-centric (except that baking show w/Val & Duff - great kids!), but this intrigued me.

They seem like a really nice family and such good kids!   I doubt if I will continue to watch since I don't usually watch these types of 'bunch of kids' shows, but I liked them.

Esteemed Contributor

I have been watching this show and am enjoying it!!  Am amazed at how well that group of kids behave and get along...  Seems to be a very loving, decent family.  I get a kick out seeing the colors the kids and parents wear; they all wear the same color !