Trusted Contributor

Re: Doubling Down With the Derricos

I have not watched this show, but if it is anything like the Duggars, I'll pass. Shows like this just make me sad.  

Honored Contributor

@colliemom4   The Derrico boy isn't having brain surgery, he is having his skull reconstructed.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Duckncover wrote:

I have not watched this show, but if it is anything like the Duggars, I'll pass. Shows like this just make me sad.  

The only thing they have in common is that they have a lot of kids.  Derricos are totally different. Kids are normal fun loving kids.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mousiegirl wrote:

@colliemom4   The Derrico boy isn't having brain surgery, he is having his skull reconstructed.

I just saw  a clip.  His head has major stitches front to back and across.  I cannot imagine how must pain that little guy must be in.  Those kids are so close and loving it must be painful for them too, especially his twin.  Poor little guy

Esteemed Contributor

What was the reason for this surgery?  I certainly hope it wasn't cosmetic.  I didn't think his head looked out of shape.  He certainly seems like a happy, loving little boy.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

What was the reason for this surgery?  I certainly hope it wasn't cosmetic.  I didn't think his head looked out of shape.  He certainly seems like a happy, loving little boy.

@tends2dogs  You can read a little more about it here. It's not cosmetic.

https://people.com/tv/doubling-down-with-the-derricos-diez-head-surgery/ 

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you, @colliemom4 .  

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

Recently I read an article about this family.  They have more then a few skeletons rattling around in their closets. (welfare fraud, real estate fraud, identity fraud and marriage controversy)

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lulu1 wrote:

Recently I read an article about this family.  They have more then a few skeletons rattling around in their closets. (welfare fraud, real estate fraud, identity fraud and marriage controversy)

@lulu1 wrote:

@lulu1 wrote:

@lulu1  Yes. I've read things like this about both of the parents. It's typical of TLC to put someone with this type of background on tv. They claim to vet people but that's a joke.

Valued Contributor

Lulu, Do Tell, Please

Monke~