Respected Contributor

Doubling Down With the Derricos

Another "reality" show about a very large family.  Not as big as the Duggars!

They have 14 children, some multiples.  I believe the mother may have an issue with ovulating more than one egg per cycle.

I understand some may desire a large family.  And I believe this family is self supporting.  But she may be pregnant again.

I think there is a point at which there are TOO MANY to have enough attention for.  I never thought it was fair for Mother Duggar to assign younger children to older children. 

I don't watch the show, but I read the father's mother is not thinking more children is a good idea.  Dad ought to volunteer for a vasectomy!

Hyacinth

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Doubling Down With the Derricos

Doubling Down with the Derricos is a very interesting show.  The children are very well behaved and several have had serious health challenges.  The Mom was a former flight attendant and I haven't heard what the Dad does.  They live near Las Vegas and are obliviously very church oriented.  I will be following this show.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The dad is a real estate investor. He was caught up in some scandals but after a retrial he was found innocent in a court of law. They claim she was pregnant with multiples without taking fertility drugs and it happened three times. Fertile Myrtle lol.

I think it's a sweet show though they do need to get some help taking care of the children. Grandma can only do so much. Especially with that many kids! I really don't understand their need to have so many children, particularly with their medical issues. I may be wrong, but believe this last pregnancy may have ened up being a miscarriage.

Esteemed Contributor

I gave this show a couple of tries but found it terribly boring.  Unwatchable.  I hope they replace this one and Outdaughtered with some new shows.  

Honored Contributor

These kinds of shows get old fast.  They try to find ways to keep them interesting but are seldom successful IMO.  Clearly there are many who find them interesting.

Esteemed Contributor

@Snoopp wrote:

I gave this show a couple of tries but found it terribly boring.  Unwatchable.  I hope they replace this one and Outdaughtered with some new shows.  

@Snoopp  Not Outdaughtered please!  That's the only one I watch.  I would miss sweet Hazel most of all.  

Honored Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

@Snoopp wrote:

@Snoopp  Not Outdaughtered please!  That's the only one I watch.  I would miss sweet Hazel most of all.  

@mspatmac  I'd miss Uncle Dale lol. I don't care for the show either. Hazel is a sweet girl. So is Blake.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hyacinth003 wrote:

Another "reality" show about a very large family.  Not as big as the Duggars!

They have 14 children, some multiples.  I believe the mother may have an issue with ovulating more than one egg per cycle.

I understand some may desire a large family.  And I believe this family is self supporting.  But she may be pregnant again.

I think there is a point at which there are TOO MANY to have enough attention for.  I never thought it was fair for Mother Duggar to assign younger children to older children. 

I don't watch the show, but I read the father's mother is not thinking more children is a good idea.  Dad ought to volunteer for a vasectomy!

Hyacinth

@hyacinth003 

Unfortunately it is another show where they believe their religion drives them to accepting as many children as they can have and not concentrating on the many they already have.  How can these children be given any individual attention for any length of time that they so need & deserve.  I feel so bad for the oldest child, a girl in her early teens, that desperately needs to be with others of her age doing things teenage girls do instead of always being told she cannot.

They are all well behaved, and impeccably dressed, although all boys are usually dressed identical, as are the girls, no matter their ages and which set of multiples they are, especially when they go out in public.  There is not even any sense of individually between the sets of multiples.  The grandmother, bless her, is a God send, is right in telling her son she can only help so much because of her age and that enough is enough.  

Honored Contributor

@Scorpio1971   I havn't heard about their religion. The Dad got into a heated argument with his Mother last week saying that she knew from the time he was little that he had always said he wanted lots of children, well he has, but still wants more.  I wonder what his reaction will be when his wife cannot carry babies any longer.  She is forty, maybe forty-one by now or soon, and what if the next pregnancy ends in another trauma, sick child/children or deceased, which is what the Dad fears most since he lost one already.

Trusted Contributor

To each it's own and if they can I have no issues.  The dad's net worth is 6 mil and the mom's 500K.  The dad owns and runs several businesses.  It assures me that those kids don't go without.