Respected Contributor

Re: Doubling Down With the Derricos

@Monketoes wrote:

Lulu, Do Tell, Please

Monke~

@Monketoes 

Just GOOGLE; the family bio pops right up! I do not want to get the thread poofed.

Honored Contributor

Also wanted to mention they have an estranged older son that is not mentioned on the series.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@Duckncover wrote:

I have not watched this show, but if it is anything like the Duggars, I'll pass. Shows like this just make me sad.  

The only thing they have in common is that they have a lot of kids.  Derricos are totally different. Kids are normal fun loving kids.Smiley Happy

@sunshine 919  How do you know they are "normal" fun loving kids? These  kids will have issues growing up in such a situation....just wait.... 

Valued Contributor

@lulu1 wrote:

@Monketoes wrote:

Lulu, Do Tell, Please

Monke~

@Monketoes 

Just GOOGLE; the family bio pops right up! I do not want to get the thread poofed.

Thank you!! I can't Believe I didn't Think that myself!!!  LOL

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@Duckncover wrote:

I have not watched this show, but if it is anything like the Duggars, I'll pass. Shows like this just make me sad.  

The only thing they have in common is that they have a lot of kids.  Derricos are totally different. Kids are normal fun loving kids.Smiley Happy

@sunshine 919  How do you know they are "normal" fun loving kids? These  kids will have issues growing up in such a situation....just wait.... 

@SeaMaiden   Kids can't fake happiness, and they all seem very happy to me.  There is much love and togetherness in their family, what else do kids need to be happy, aside from having food and the material things they need, which they do.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@Duckncover wrote:

@SeaMaiden   Kids can't fake happiness, and they all seem very happy to me.  There is much love and togetherness in their family, what else do kids need to be happy, aside from having food and the material things they need, which they do.

@mousiegirl    This is TV and a lot of editing.... behind the scenes a lot goes on  that no one sees...... The Mother is a nervous unhappy wreak and has no time for her kids.... when she isn't sick or crying... or having triplets.... not a healthy environment... food water and a roof is not enough.....

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@Duckncover wrote:

@mousiegirl    This is TV and a lot of editing.... behind the scenes a lot goes on  that no one sees...... The Mother is a nervous unhappy wreak and has no time for her kids.... when she isn't sick or crying... or having triplets.... not a healthy environment... food water and a roof is not enough.....

@SeaMaiden   You obviously didn't read my post, food and clothing, etc. were on the bottom, love and togetherness, and happy smiling faces is what this family has, no child could want or need more.  Karen is a loving Mother, totally disagree with your asessment of her, but everyone has a right to their opinions.

Valued Contributor

I think they're ALL adorable - The way they support and show unconditional love for one another is so refreshing - Brings a smile to my face, every time I see them. Heart

Honored Contributor

I watch the show every week.  I enjoy seeing people who love and care for each other.

You know families USED to all be large.  I know it was often to help on the farm.

My grandmother had 10 brothers and sisters.  Back then that was often considered more the norm.

Every husband and wife has to decide what's best for them when deciding how many children.

Back then not a lot was known about preventing pregnancy.

I would never judge a family like theirs.  They seem to be doing well.  I think it's wonderful to see a happy African American family doing well.  

True we don't know what really goes on...but so what!  It's none of our business.

Why is this any different than other shows where families have a lot of children but it's 'pretend'?

I also enjoy watching the show called "Out Daughtered".  They have a large family.

I saw where someone busted on a family with 4 children.

My daughter has 4 children.  She also had a baby who lived for 7 days.  After he died, they decided to have another child.  That brought them to 4.

Everyone of my grandchildren excell in academics.  The two oldest have summer jobs.  My one granddaughter is 17 and has a permit to fly a plane all by herself.

The oldest also just finished first year in college with all A's.  My grandson is 15 and will soon become an Eagle Scout.

My daughter, her husband and children traveled all over Europe last summer.  This year they're going to Hawaii and travel through the Midwest.

The point I'm making is in this country, for the most part people have the number of children that works for them.

I know other families that are enjoying life and their children.  The children are all doing well.

Why are people in such a hurry to judge others?

Just join in on other's happiness.

Valued Contributor

Wow! - Did anyone else see last night's episode?

Was so afraid for Karen - Glad it wasn't a stroke.

Can't wait to see if they actually make the move to South Carolina, and didn't GiGi tease us about her possibly getting married??!!