Esteemed Contributor

Re: Doris Day movies

[ Edited ]

@lmt 

As I've said before, her wardrobe alone makes it worth watching almost any movie she is in. 

Just tuned into Pillow Talk...such a sweet, frothy, fun-to-watch film.  And, I remember "Party Lines" as we had one!

Her apartment is beautiful, too!

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@lmt 

As I've said before, her wardrobe alone makes it worth watching almost any movie she is in. 

Just tuned into Pillow Talk...such a sweet, frothy, fun-to-watch film.  And, I remember "Party Lines" as we had one!

@Witchy Woman  Yes, me too on those party lines. I'm watching Pillow Talk too..it's hysterical! Doris Day has always been one of my fave actresses. Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@lmt 

@Witchy Woman   Yes, she always had such a beautiful wardrobe in her movies. And jewelry! Don't forget the jewelry, LOL!!

We never had a party line, I was a bit too young for that. It must've been a pain in the you-know-what to have one.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Doris Day movies

[ Edited ]

@lmt 

Yes, it was during the last "Ice Age" for Party LinesCat LOL

Remember, however, we only used the phone when it was close to an emergency.   Not like it is today...an appendage Cat LOL

For us kids, the phone was mostly "off limits" except for a few minutes at a time.

Now and then you would pick up and hear the other Party, but no one hung on the phone for hours.