Honored Contributor

Re: Doris Day Marathon Now 6/9/19...................

Unless I missed it, I did not see my two favorites, "Midnight Lace" and "The Man Who Knew Too Much." Hopefully, they will be shown soon...

Esteemed Contributor

Watching Pillow Talk now.  Love it and have seen it countless times, but always watch when it is on.

Her clothes and apartment are beautiful!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Trinity11  No, both of those movies were not on.  They could have taken Calamity Jane off.  The Thrill of It All was also very good.  Doris was in a lot of movies more than a lot of the actors of today and none of them were violent or X=rated.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Trinity11  No, both of those movies were not on.  They could have taken Calamity Jane off.  The Thrill of It All was also very good.  Doris was in a lot of movies more than a lot of the actors of today and none of them were violent or X=rated.

---------------

Agree...Calamity was not a favorite of mine either!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@KKJ 

I remember that, too.

But, I think it was done for laughs only, not a serious recommendation for child care Cat Very Happy

The point being, I believe, is the little boy was pesky, and this is how they managed.

It was a different time, too.  My niece does NOT approve of play pens, but we all grew up with them being acceptable.

Esteemed Contributor

@twinsister 

Her clothing, hats, coats and anything she wore were always beautiful and perfect for her.

To me, her style was timeless.  So elegant and great for her fab figure.

Honored Contributor

Pillow Talk was the quintessential romantic sophisticated comedy of its time and still is!! the fashions, home decor and sets and NYC scenery were all fabulous, not to mention the chemisty that Day and Hudson shared. It was magic!!

Respected Contributor

@KKJ   It was played for laughs, Doris said the baby was able to pick locks!

Respected Contributor

Oh thank goodness, was hoping that wasn't what they used for a playpen back then!

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

I think the reason TCM showed Calamity Jane, was because it was Doris Day's favorite movie.