Honored Contributor

Doris Day Marathon Now 6/9/19...................

on TCM (Turner Classics) all day and all night.

kindness is strength
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Re: Doris Day Marathon Now 6/9/19...................

I have had this marked on my calendar ~ really enjoying the films!! 

I don't see "Send Me Know Flowers" listed though and it's one of my favorites.

Enjoy the movies Heart

Esteemed Contributor

I saw a couple of old movies this morning, early ones that I hadn’t seen before. Tonight is Pillow Talk. Although I have seen it a zillion times, I’ve always enjoyed it. My husband is not a great DD fan. My father adored her. I think she was amazingly talented and I really enjoy her singing, dancing, comedy, and drama skills...and she loved animals.

Esteemed Contributor

Watched On Moonlight Bay earlier and taping Pillow Talk to watch later.  I really wish they had time for Young at Heart (my very favorite DD movie!), along with That Touch of Mink and The Man Who Knew Too Much.  Still a great lineup and tribute to this beloved actress.  Thank you TCM! ❤️

Honored Contributor

@Vivian wrote:

I saw a couple of old movies this morning, early ones that I hadn’t seen before. Tonight is Pillow Talk. Although I have seen it a zillion times, I’ve always enjoyed it. My husband is not a great DD fan. My father adored her. I think she was amazingly talented and I really enjoy her singing, dancing, comedy, and drama skills...and she loved animals.

My father enjoyed Doris Day as well. I grew up with dad playing her LP's weekly (along with other faves of his like Glen Campbell). Also like you, I never get tired of watching her movies Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I have been watching the shows off and on.  DD was one of my favorites....singer, actor, dancer, comic...she did it all!!  Just finished Love Me or Leave Me.  One of my favorite movies, but I hate James Cagney's character.  Want to see Julie early tomorrow morning - have never seen that movie!

Respected Contributor

Love DD movies--watching Please Don't Eat the Daisies now. One thing about this movie I find disturbing---the little boy kept in the cage?

Honored Contributor

I watched my favorite this morning, My Dream is Yours. I once saw a very old movie with Jack Carson in a bit part. He was ca-yute!! And much thinner. I think they were in a few movies together. This song is one of my favorites, too. I wonder if Lee Bowman did his own singing. Sure sounded like him. 

Honored Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

I watched my favorite this morning, My Dream is Yours. I once saw a very old movie with Jack Carson in a bit part. He was ca-yute!! And much thinner. I think they were in a few movies together. This song is one of my favorites, too. I wonder if Lee Bowman did his own singing. Sure sounded like him. 

whoops, just found it. It wasn't Lee Bowman.

Honored Contributor

Pillow Talk is starting now...yay! Just got another mug of coffee Smiley Very Happy