Valued Contributor

Re: Dorinda Medley leaving RHONY!

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Travone wrote:

I obviously missed many seasons of this show.  I just googled the cast and there are 6 names I have never seen on the show:

Heather

Aviva

Kristen

Jules

Cindy

Cara

@Travone , sadly, I remember all of them.  LOL  I actually liked Heather.  She is on ShopHQ selling various healthy products and she used to sell a line of clothing items called Yummie by Heather Thomson, on HSN.  I also think she made an appearance earlier this year at one of their events.

Aviva Drescher was the woman who had the fake leg and during one event, pulled her leg off and threw it across a restaurant.  It was classic.  LOL  

I recognize all those names but Cara ~ that one is not ringing any bells with me. 

Looks like Ramona may be the only original ~ Luann has always been there, but she was temporarily demoted to "friend of..." for one season. 

RHONY is the only franchise that I've stuck with all these years. 

I've also started watching Potomac, and that's been holding my interest. 

As for Leah, she was supposed to be a friend of Bethenny, but then was associated with Tinsley. Now, she's kind of left hanging. All her barbs about how much younger she is are really wearing thin, as far as I'm concerned. 

Honored Contributor

@Travone wrote:

I obviously missed many seasons of this show.  I just googled the cast and there are 6 names I have never seen on the show:

Heather

Aviva

Kristen

Jules

Cindy

Cara

I remember Heather and Aviva because that was back when I used to watch the show more. Heather is the one who had the Yummy Tummy girdle company. And Aviva was the one with the weird father and who put her prosthetic leg on a table at one point if I remember correctly. Oh and one lady who was on for a while had an odd husband and their house looked a bit Tim Burtonesque. I remember liking Jill too, but she was too normal and didn't take enough cr** to fit in well with that bunch. Much more silly and interesting back then. More variety.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Travone wrote:

Heather

Aviva

Kristen

Jules

Cindy

Cara

@Travone , sadly, I remember all of them.  LOL  I actually liked Heather.  She is on ShopHQ selling various healthy products and she used to sell a line of clothing items called Yummie by Heather Thomson, on HSN.  I also think she made an appearance earlier this year at one of their events.

Aviva Drescher was the woman who had the fake leg and during one event, pulled her leg off and threw it across a restaurant.  It was classic.  LOL  

I remember all of them except Cara..I actually like Heather and Kristen, Jules was ok too, but she had so many problems, and I think she still does......I actually like some of Heather's products on ShopHQ..Aviva was something else, as was Alex and and remember Kelly Bensimon?  

Respected Contributor

I recognized those names except Cara.  I looked it up and didn't see that name on any cast list. But I saw the name Cara Quicy pop up.  Who was she?  "Friend of" ?

Valued Contributor

@VanSleepy wrote:

I recognized those names except Cara.  I looked it up and didn't see that name on any cast list. But I saw the name Cara Quicy pop up.  Who was she?  "Friend of" ?

whew. She was never a housewife, I just wiki'ed her.... apparently she was a singer hired as entertainment on Season 5. 

I feel so much better now. lolz (BTW, it's Quici) 

Respected Contributor

@tennpal15  thank you.  I was wondering how I could forget a cast member.  But now I see how bad my memory really is, though, because I read her last name a minute before I typed that and got it wrong lol 

Honored Contributor

I used to watch NY every week.  However, for some reason this year I haven't watched any of NY. 

Every now and then I watch Potomac (maybe because I don't live too far from there but I think it's because I like some of the women on this show).

I still watch the BH show.  I think the entire show is silly (the themes are juvenille) but it's mindless entertainment.

This stuff with Denise is really dumb.  I mean 'who cares what she does and why should it matter'.  I do feel sorry for her daughters...heck...I feel sorry for all of these women's children.

What's that saying about dirty laundry?  Oh!  Well!  I guess it makes for a good show...but at what cost?

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN  I remember Kelly. She was on WWHL not too long ago and looked so pretty. I'll never forget her legendary meltdown. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

No idea where all this is going to end up and every time there's a shake-up, the tabloids explode with speculation. I will say without any doubt, though, that if some of the notions I'm seeing put out there play out, I'll definitely not be watching going forward. Some are suggesting a housecleaning will take place with Leah being the show's new centerpiece and featuring a younger and more 'diverse' cast in lieu of the 'Upper East Side' vibe that's dominated the show for years... Sorry, not interested... Bravo offers up plenty of diversity overall and in its Housewives franchises and let's face it, although the bad behavior has become over the top, most of us have tuned in to see a certain amount of drama AND to see how the other half lives... Not much interested in a whole show of twenty and thirty something downtown girls...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Just read an article on US Weekly where it implied that it was a mutual decision on Dorinda leaving, although it did say that after she was told there would be a shakedown in the cast, they both came to an agreement that it would best for her to leave and focus on her future and her issues. so in other words, she was probably let go! Wow! I hope they don't have a big cast shakeup-this could ruin this franchise, but then again maybe not! It should be interesting to see what happens after this season is over with.....I bet Sonja, Ramona and Lu are shaking in their boots......Leah may not be as concerned as she has only been there one season....And Sonja really needs this paycheck!