Frequent Contributor

For GH fans, what do you think about this name for the new baby?

Esteemed Contributor

One one hand I like a tribute name on the other hand it doesn’t seem like a name Carly would choose. Maybe they can call her DC for short.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Valued Contributor

I just read Donna is a tribute to their longtime GH makeup artist who passed away last year (if no one already discussed).  

Frequent Contributor

yes, I read that too,

Honored Contributor

A name is never going to make everyone happy, that's why I feel a couple should never reveal baby names before the baby is due, everyone has an opinion. I personally don't like the name Donna, I know a Donna, I am not too crazy about her!

Respected Contributor
LOL Finally....a thread about GH with *comments* by posters, instead of long, distracting, "copy-and-pastes" of soap website articles. Maybe that's what we need, then--threads on individual topics. Like this one.

"Donna" seemed an odd choice to me (and I understand the tribute to the makeup artist), and not because I don't like the name. I think it's a beautiful name, but it's not one you hear of being given to babies these days. In fact, a few friends and I were discussing this at breakfast just last week--girls' names which were once popular, but aren't used (much) anymore. And Donna, along with Barbara, Karen, Christine, Mary, Sharon...(classmates from decades ago lol) came up. I thought they were talking about an older character when I first heard Carly mention the name.

What worries you masters you.
Trusted Contributor

I'm not crazy about it. Names go in and out of popularity. Donna is a name from the 1950's. Like Nancy, Kathy, Patty, Sue. I try not to have an opinion about what people name their kids. I wouldn't want anyone to give me grief over what I named my kids, so I try not to give any to them.

Frequent Contributor

It makes me smile. That was my dear sister's name.

Occasional Contributor

I'm not fond of the name they chose. It doesn't seem to fit, but perhaps it will grow on me over the next 20 years. Smiley Happy