Honored Contributor

Re: Don't you wish you could print of save some of those comments before they are erased?

I never thought about copy and paste - that's a great idea!

I take notes, especially when I've asked for advice, when someone has recommended a book or cookbook, when someone has recommended a beauty product - or any recommendation, things like that.  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Re: Don't you wish you could print of save some of those comments before they are erased?

@TurnerGalHi, I copy and paste from the recipe thread all the time and email to myself. Maybe you can do that? HTH.

I get frustrated too when a bit of important, interesting or helpful thread/comment gets poofed. So I c/p what I want when I see it. Smiley Happy 

Trusted Contributor

@Mz iMac - 🤦‍♀️ Can't believe I didn't think of that. I always try to print recipes  from here, but can't. TY. Hi, Chi-Chi. 💜

F/N/A luvstogarden
Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

They used to just zap the offending comments but I guess that's too much work for the mods so now they just remove the whole thing.  There isn't much on which to comment or much to even read of interest anymore.  Seens like the boards are sliding into oblivion 

@Kachina624  - I think a lot of people don't post because they're afraid of all the nasty comments they'll receive - It's been mentioned in the past.

F/N/A luvstogarden
Honored Contributor

I sure do! Sometimes I'll see the topic and wonder how such an innocuous subject could turn argumentative. Many days, I only stop in for a short time and wish I could read all of the earlier comments. I think the moderators should delete single statements and leave the majority of comments. Also, deal with chronic troublemakers with a timeout.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@ROMARY    Lately a thread can be perfectly congenial but if there are opposing viewpoints, the mods are deleting them because they MIGHT become argumentative or controversial.  How can you have a discussion without opposing viewpoints?  People can agree to disagree.

I get the feeling the mods are swamped with CS chores and no longer have the time for or interest in the boards and don't want to bother with monitoring posts so they just delete them. 

@Kachina624   I too have thought perhaps the 'preemptive strikes' were on the increase... and, like you, have also wondered whether it ultimately makes any sense to have the same group both providing CS and monitoring posts... Seems a real disconnect to me and, agree, has probably resulted in certain shortcuts that impact the fun factor... I don't think people are necessarily opting out due to 'airing of grievances' as much as because interesting conversation and topics seem to be increasingly proscribed... Personally, I don't think the occasional rumble is such a bad thing... Smiley Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@TurnerGal  et al, next to the "reply" button (top of the thread) there is an "option" menu.  Click on that, scroll down, and you'll see "Printer Friendly Page."  It cleans out superfluous formatting.  BTW, you can also 'copy/paste' that page.  {Edited to add}  Or, you can choose to highlight and copy/paste just the portions you actually want. 

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Respected Contributor

No never have I wanted to do that. And I do not think the mods are too aggressive about removing whole threads. It's far too much work to pick them apart and pull out what might be offensive. Maybe if people think they want to do that they should apply for the job. 

Honored Contributor

@Lali1 

Some take pride in doing a good job of it not the easy, lick and a promise, one.

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

@Lali1 

Some take pride in doing a good job of it not the easy, lick and a promise, one.

Agree with you @occasionalrain .  A couple of years ago when I was still watching This Is Us we got into a discussion about weight. Approximately eight posts were removed because someone complained we were fat shaming. After someone posted a comment to the Mod she actually understood where we were coming from. She read through all the deleted posts and restored all but two. That would never happen now.

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~