Esteemed Contributor

Don't forget to watch--National Memorial Day Concert

It is on tonight  on a PBS station--In CA it is on KOCE. with a repeat in case you miss it earlier--8 PM OR 9:30. It has Renee Fleming and The Beach Boys.. I always look at it and enjoy.

Super Contributor

Re: Don't forget to watch--National Memorial Day Concert

For some reason I was thinking it was on tomorrow night!

Thank you! 

Honored Contributor

Ooh, thanks!  I love Renee Fleming and, of course, The Beach Boys.  Since Sunday nights are so busy, tv-wise, I chose a 1:30am airing.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Sad and deeply moving at the same time. Wonderful tributes🌹

Respected Contributor

I love the oral tributes to the fallen and wounded soldiers and then the actors/actresses go out and find the veteran or the family of the fallen and hug them.  I cried so much during Trace Adkins song, "Arlington"!  Wow...just wow!

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Respected Contributor

I got married in 1978 and moved to the DC area and they just started those concerts around that time.  They were on a very small scale back then but you could go just before the concert started with your blanket, pick your spot on the lawn and enjoy but mainly just the orchestra back then.  We used to go all the time but then they got more crowded and you had to go earlier and earlier to get a seat.  The ones on the 4th of July were wonderful with the fireworks going off at the end.  I watch them on TV now, like everyone else, much more enjoyable since it so crowded now and I'm in my 60's!

Esteemed Contributor

I watched and teared up all the way thru the show!!  The verbal testaments, the musical tributes and the great ambiance were so enjoyable.  I really liked the precision teams from the US services and foregin countries.  Really such a nice show!!!