Respected Contributor
Don Lemon on CNN was acting irresponsibly last night in CNN. He was in New Orleans to cover NYE and he was bragging incessantly that he was "lit" while pounding back Titos Vodka sodas on LIVE TV with children watching. This man is a journalist on a major cable news network. Walter Cronkite surely is rolling over in his grave seeing this spectacle and the overall decline of network news in this country. I couldn't stomach Don and was concerned that people would model his begavior so I turned him off. Very sad and I hope others are outraged.
Honored Contributor

Re: Don Lemon excess drinking

He does it every year.  It's not anything new.  I just turn the channel because I never thought it was funny even in college and I still don't.    Obviously it's someone's form of entertainment.  

Honored Contributor

I went through several channels without finding anything on any of them worth watching, but I seem to equate recklessness, silliness, and irrational conduct with New Year’s Eve anyway, and none of the channels I went through missed the mark as insipid, ridiculous, and over wrought.

Although I doubt that I got to “outraged” I can certainly admit to bemused annoyance.

Just did’t get the point of ANY of it.

Probably most focused on “The Odd Couple” reruns.

Trusted Contributor

Who cares if he was drinking.  It was new year's eve for crying out loud !

Honored Contributor

@roxxy1 wrote:

@roxxy1.  I do.  He was working.  On national TV yet.  Do you drink at work?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I didn’t care for it either.  I normally like Don Lemon but in this instance I found his behavior unprofessional and not enjoyable.  I turned the channel. It may work for some people but I don't feel this did him any favors.  

Honored Contributor

How many people have done a "contact us" and let CNN know how you feel?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

Who really watches those boring new year's eve specials anyway?  

Respected Contributor

@roxxy1 wrote:

IMO, he was there to work, not to party and get drunk. If he wanted to do the latter, he should have turned down the work assignment. But, yes, he has done it before, so CNN management apparently is ok with their anchors being drunk when on air.

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624  I really don't drink, but if I had to work on New Year's Eve, I just might !