Trusted Contributor

Did anyone watch the "Coat of Many Colors" sequel?   I watched the first one last year and just now watched the sequel.   I loved every minute of it.   I'm a big Dolly fan and saw her last year at an outdoor concert.   Was so much fun.  

Trusted Contributor

@Junebug54

Dang!  I missed it.  I really wanted to see it.

Regular Contributor

I saw the sequel last year and loved it! I thought the dramatic story was absolutely wonderful, Jennifer Nettles did an amazing job portraying Dolly’s mom, and Dolly herself was gorgeous and believable as the town floozy. Best of all, the meaningful message was perfect for the holidays! Never saw the original one. Was it as good as the sequel?

Honored Contributor

Oh No! I didn't know it was a sequel. I missed it tooSmiley Sad

Maybe they will show it again I hope.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@Junebug54 wrote:

Did anyone watch the "Coat of Many Colors" sequel?   I watched the first one last year and just now watched the sequel.   I loved every minute of it.   I'm a big Dolly fan and saw her last year at an outdoor concert.   Was so much fun.  

What's the name of the sequel and what network is it on? I really loved the original movie.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

It was on NBC but I can't see when it was on.

However I see you can watch it on YOutube-there is a free one and a $9.99 one (for some weird reason).

Its called Christmas of Many Colors, Circle of Love.

It came out in Nov of 2016, so it's not new.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Dolly Parton

[ Edited ]

@on the bay wrote:

It was on NBC but I can't see when it was on.

However I see you can watch it on YOutube-there is a free one and a $9.99 one (for some weird reason).

Its called Christmas of Many Colors, Circle of Love.

It came out in Nov of 2016, so it's not new.

You can find the movie On Demand. I have Comcast/Xfinity.

Respected Contributor

on the bay, Like so many I'm sure they will repeat it again. Almost sure of it.

Valued Contributor

I bought the 2 dvd set online as gifts for a few people on my list.  They loved it!  I think the two movies are something anyone could enjoy.

Trusted Contributor

It's Christmas of Many Colors: Circle of Love.  It was aired 12/27 on NBC at 9:00 eastern time.   I thought it was as good if not even better than the first one.  I loved that one too.  I hope those of you that didn't see it can find it on demand.  Good luck.