Honored Contributor

Dolly Parton's 'Magic Mountain Christmas'

I enjoyed this Christmas special. There was something soothing about it, and my frazzled spirit responded well to this show. Perhaps one could complain about some predictability to the plot outline, but I am sickened by the insanity and inanity of life lately, and so this simple pleasure was perfection for me.

Dolly is magic. She appears to get on well with everyone. Such a loving woman.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Dolly Parton's 'Magic Mountain Christmas'

[ Edited ]

@golding76wrote:

I enjoyed this Christmas special. There was something soothing about it, and my frazzled spirit responded well to this show. Perhaps one could complain about some predictability to the plot outline, but I am sickened by the insanity and inanity of life lately, and so this simple pleasure was perfection for me.

I so agree with this. It truly was magic. It may very well be the best of the musical Christmas specials that I have seen so far. Dolly can convey a comforting, uplifting message better than about any entertainer I know. She has a big heart and puts her money where her heart is. Can't ask for better in a person than that.
Oh, and it was great to see Willie again 🥰

Trusted Contributor

I happened to catch Dolly Parton on the Kelly Clarkson show yesterday, don't normally watch Kelly, Dolly was on the entire hour, she is so down to earth and such a sweet person..

Trusted Contributor

@SoCal Bredwrote:

I happened to catch Dolly Parton on the Kelly Clarkson show yesterday, don't normally watch Kelly, Dolly was on the entire hour, she is so down to earth and such a sweet person..

@SoCal Bred, you are so right. Money and fame hasn't changed her one bit. Gotta admire that in a person.

I didn't see her on the Kelly Clarkson show, but I did catch Kelly's Christmas special. I really enjoyed her show as well. I like that she honestly addressed that the Christmas season can be challenging at times for some and gave an uplifting Christmas message to everyone.

Esteemed Contributor

I did not get to watch this but our family was at Dollywood in August

when we found out that Dolly was in the park filming scenes for this

Christmas show. Unfortunately we did not spot her at all.Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

I adore Dolly but didn't think much of this movie. I cut it loose after about twenty minutes. I taped it so maybe I'll give it another shot.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Regular Contributor

I love Dolly and her music and always have. However, I did not enjoy this Christmas program, a show within a show. It was too "busy" for me. However, I did enjoy the Willie Nelson segment and the one with her sisters. I just missed all her songs of seasons past.

Esteemed Contributor

I adore Dolly, but this special wasn't that special to me.
My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Esteemed Contributor

@golding76

@golding76wrote:

Same with me, a very hectic frustrating day. I have always loved her. So down to earth.

Honored Contributor

@golding76

I agree totally! Dolly is like a soothing balm! I love her. She is, what she is. She is a treasure and there will never, ever be another like her.

I thought her special songs that she had for this special were wonderful. Dolly is like fire and ice all rolled into one! I loved the number where she had on the bright red sequined jumpsuit and was calling the devil out! And at the very end, she was all dressed in an angelic white gown with almost wings and gave such an uplifting message in her final song -- when it gets better - and it will get better!

I also really loved her get together with her sisters and her family.

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin