Honored Contributor

Dolly Parton's Christmas on the Square

If the documentary on Dolly Parton left you wanting more, this movie premieres Sunday November 22 on Netflix. It also stars Christine Baranski, Treat Williams, and Jennifer Lewis. Dolly plays an Angel, there are 14 original tunes.

Respected Contributor

Re: Dolly Parton's Christmas on the Square

@Jordan2 wrote:

If the documentary on Dolly Parton left you wanting more, this movie premieres Sunday November 22 on Netflix. It also stars Christine Baranski, Treat Williams, and Jennifer Lewis. Dolly plays an Angel, there are 14 original tunes.

@Jordan2  Was this a recent Dolly Parton documentary?

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@Jordan2 I think this is what David Venable is hinting at on his facebook page that will be mentioned on his show tonight.

Honored Contributor

@rockygems123 wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Jordan2  Was this a recent Dolly Parton documentary?

@rockygems123 Yes, if you look in this forum, I started a thread about the documentary. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm in a Christmas mode I guess, I just watched this ( also another Christmas movie Noelle, thread to come). Sure this was sweet and sappy, but I bet you will shed a tear or two once it's over.

Honored Contributor

I can't have been the only one who watched this?

Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I can't have been the only one who watched this?

I watched it on Saturday, unfortunately after I watched The Prom, so it paled badly after that.  A little old-fashioned, how it was taped on a soundstage. Have nothing negative to say about the music - just nothing great to say either.  There was something about the pastor I didn't like - maybe the cadence of his voice (is that the right word?), but liked his wife's voice and they sounded good together.

There was just something about the storyline I didn't really like.

I thought the assistant looked familiar and was surprised to see she was a past winner from So You Think You Can Dance back when I watched it.  She apparently had done quite well for herself after winning.