Respected Contributor

Anyone watch any of the songs made into shows by Dolly Parton on Netflix ? I was looking forward to them and I had the flu and was looking for a port in the storm to my boredom. I started to watch 'Jolene' . After about 10 minutes my husband left the room and I could not continue watching either.

I just wondered if any of you watched the others and your thoughts.

I was looking forward to it as a few years ago I watched a Christmas movie of her early life and really enjoyed it. 

I love her songs and admire that in her 70's she can still hit the notes in 'Jolene'. I do not think the song transfered into a movie well , unless it improved as the show went on. 

Contributor

I have been watching them and have enjoyed them very much.  My favorite by far, has been "These Old Bones".

Honored Contributor

I have it on my watch list I haven't gotten around to watching it yet. I like the concept, they are self contained episodes, you don't have to watch all of them to follow what's gong on. I only recently got Netflix, I have two more episode left of the first season of The Crown that I'm watching.

Valued Contributor

I watched all 8 episodes of this over the last few days, and I thought they were a nice distraction. The episodes are just a step or two above most Hallmark movies in terms of writing, acting and production value. I liked a lot of the casting including seeing real life couple Delta Burke and Gerald Macrainey together. If you're a fan of the Hallmark movies, you should definitely check this out.

Super Contributor

I hardly ever get sick... but here I am in mid-December with a sinus infection...  so though I am not a tv watcher, I found Netflix. I also am a Dolly fan... and I had read about these songs made into shows so I watched Jolene. Honestly, I fell asleep. Got hooked on the Crown. Maybe if we get a lot of snow this winter I will try to watch another one of Dolly’s shows. 

The show celebrating her 50 years at the Grand Ole Opry was great, I thought.

Respected Contributor

@Creek Street  Finally got around to watching the one you suggested --"Old Bones" . TY DH and I enjoyed it. Of course Kathleen Turner is a master of her craft.