Honored Contributor

Re: Dolly Parton:Here I Am Documentary

Thanks for the heads up.  I better hurry and watch.  I think I'm going to ditch Netflix with the new price increase.  I just don't watch enough and things are tighter than usual right now.

Anyway, I absolutely adore Dolly Parton and always have!  I do NOT like country western music but I do like most of her stuff.  'Coat of Many Colors' is my fav and I just saw her interviewed the other day and it's her fav, too!  Smiley Happy  I love that.

Honored Contributor

Forgot to say - I also have ordered (coming out soon) her new book.   I'm sure it will be a delight.

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

Forgot to say - I also have ordered (coming out soon) her new book.   I'm sure it will be a delight.

@chickenbutt she has a new Christmas CD out.

Respected Contributor

This was very enjoyable as well as interesting.  She had amazing confidence in herself as well as her talent and knew what she wanted to be.  Never a doubt that she would succeed.  Very bright and an astute business woman on top of it all.  Kindness and an inbred desire to give back to where she was raised.  Her Imagination Library to me is her legacy.  Her Dollywood employs a lot of people from the Smokey Mountains and she is extremely proud of that.  There is a lot more to this woman that a blond wig and sparkly gowns! I was very pleased that I watched it.

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

@chickenbutt I just checked on audible and it isn't out yet but she will be reading it!  

Honored Contributor

I love Dolly's sense of humor and that she's stayed close to her country roots in the Smokey Mountains.  She's a great entertainer.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Respected Contributor

@Jordan2 Thanks for the heads up on the Dolly show.  She gave a lot of money to the people in her region after the fires and gives numerous jobs to folks at Dollywood in Pigeon Forge.   We met her sister Stella and her brother Randy at Dollywood one year and they are just as delightful as she is!

Honored Contributor

@Boomernichols wrote:

@Jordan2 Thanks for the heads up on the Dolly show.  She gave a lot of money to the people in her region after the fires and gives numerous jobs to folks at Dollywood in Pigeon Forge.   We met her sister Stella and her brother Randy at Dollywood one year and they are just as delightful as she is!

@Boomernichols I'm glad you enjoyed it.