Respected Contributor

Dolly Parton 50 Years at the Grand Ole Opry

It just started on NBC!  I love and admire Dolly!Cat Very Happy

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Honored Contributor

Re: Dolly Parton 50 Years at the Grand Ole Opry

Thanks for the reminder.  I would have forgotten about it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Pandalady wrote:

It just started on NBC!  I love and admire Dolly!Cat Very Happy

@Pandalady  What a fabulous show!!   I love Dolly as well. She is one smart lady and proof that hard work pays off. 

Valued Contributor

Thanks for the alert @Pandalady . I didn't know this was on - my sister is a Dolly fan so I just texted to let her know so she can watch and enjoy the show.

Honored Contributor

@Pandalady -

Thank you so much!!

Now I have to stay up!

She is my favorite singer of all time!Heart

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Thank you.  I did not know about this.

Luckily, I saw her perform in person about 15 years ago.  She appeared at a venue that is near where I live.  She is a delight!

Honored Contributor

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, on stage, standing and indoor

Honored Contributor

Dolly is a very likable person and her voice sounds like she is 20 years old.  She looks great.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I thoroughly enjoyed the show!

What I found very appealing was that things moved along quickly and that the producers wisely interspersed Dolly's appearances with those of others.   Not that I did not enjoy her performances the most, but two hours of all Dolly might not have worked as well as the concept they chose.  My, but Hank Williams, Jr., grabbed my interest more than he ever has before.  He gave a strong performance.

I noticed that Dolly could still hit her soaring notes but that she talk-sang quite a few of her lyrics.  This is expected and understandable as she is 73, after all.  My singing voice cracked ages ago. Not that I have any talent, but I could carry a tune and had a strong voice.  No more.  As I wrote, my voice breaks (and it broke my heart when it first happened).

Dolly looks fantastic, as others have noted.  She looks fairly natural, which is phenomenal considering all the work she admits to having had done.  Her wigs are always a bit over the top, but they were within "Dolly reason."

Esteemed Contributor

I am sorry I missed the show. My son wanted to watch "Kind Hearts and Coronets" and since I never saw the ending, I wanted to watch it too.

We went to the Grand Ole Opry recently. We were in Nashville and had a free night. We aren't country music people but we wanted to experience the Grand Ole Opry. It was so much fun. 

Wonder if I can see it on Netflix.