Honored Contributor

Guess everybody knows by now, his wife, Beth, has stage 2 throat cancer

Their doing a Special tonight regarding her health and her prognosis.

I saw previews on Inside Edition. Poor Dog is a mess. A&E channel at 9 Central time. I used to watch long time ago.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE.  I saw that interview too.  Poor old Dog looks like "he's been rode hard and put up wet", as we say in cowboy country.  In other word, he's a mess; he looks old, wrinkled, and scarred.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Could U believe what he said ?

He said he told the Dr. "if she dies , you die". 

Geminy, don't know that would endear him to her Dr. 

Don't know if she smoked or not,he smokes like a chimney . His skin is ruined from all that sun.

As a past beautician I would cut that hair off all the way up get rid of that bleached out dry stuff and dye it a brown shade. He's a good person, but, could use a make over.

I feel bad for him he's over the edge. Breaks your heart.

Honored Contributor

Sounds he's getting a little dramatic, since it's stage two.  BTDT and I would imagine getting treated at that point she will be ok.

I've had this scheduled to record for some time now, so I look forward to it.  Also, somewhere around that episode they are re-airing the ones where they got married so I'm going to record those two again.   

I watch the reruns of their regular show sometimes on A&E on week day mornings, but they haven't shown the wedding ones for ages.

Esteemed Contributor

I saw them on TMZ today.  Pretty sure Beth said that she is cancer free now.  She said they removed a plum sized tumor from her throat and that she did not go through chemo.  

Yes, @SharkE, she was a smoker.  I've seen her smoking on old episodes of Dog, the Bounty Hunter.  I would hope she has since quit.  

Honored Contributor

@Citrine1 wrote:

I saw them on TMZ today.  Pretty sure Beth said that she is cancer free now.  She said they removed a plum sized tumor from her throat and that she did not go through chemo.  

Yes, @SharkE, she was a smoker.  I've seen her smoking on old episodes of Dog, the Bounty Hunter.  I would hope she has since quit.  

I thought I had seen her smoke long time ago, but, didn't want to say online unless I was 100% sure, so, gave myself benefit of a doubt. Even Baby Lisa smoked didn't she ?

People, people...............what can you say or do ?

Honored Contributor

I only remember seeing Dog smoke.  I was glad when he quit and I hope he stayed quit!  I remember how Beth was monitoring his ciggie use as he was working his way down to less and less.  Smiley Happy  

I never saw Beth or Lyssa or Duane Lee or Leland smoke.

Honored Contributor

My sister is a widow because her husband smoked a pack a day at least and got lung cancer died at 55. His 2 sisters watched him die and they both still smoke. My sister can't believe it.

People, people...........

Honored Contributor

I have one daughter who smokes and sisters (they're even RN's) and on and on.

I'm one of few people my age (71 soon) who was never around it at home.  My Dad smoked but my Aunt thought it was the filthiest habit there was so he wasn't allowed to smoke at home.

I know of people who never smoked but grew up around it and ended up with cancer.

I spent Thanksgiving in Denver and on and on about the drug that's legal there (don't want to get zapped).  I told my daughter (who's co tests for it) that, just like cigarettes now, many people who do that will be coming down with cancer.....how is it different?

Crazy....

I know other things cause cancer, but if you know about one cause why not lessen the chances....right?

Honored Contributor

Yeah, but smoking weed is not the same as smoking cigarettes.    People have been doing it for ages and I have never seen that it causes cancer like cigarettes do.

Weed is legal here too, now.  I had thought about checking it out (again - smoked recreationally for years but not for at least 20 years) for my pain issues.  Was going to wait until things died down and still haven't made it to the weed store.  Smiley Happy     Funny how it was for fun all that time and now I want to try it again for pain.    I wouldn't be mad at a buzz, while I'm at it though.  Smiley Very Happy