Honored Contributor

Dog the Bounty Hunter Hospitalized/Heart Issue

11:33 AM PT -- A rep for Dog tells us, "I can confirm Dog is under doctor's care and is resting comfortably. Thank you for all of your well wishes - keep 'em coming."

11:16 AM PT -- Our sources now say Dog suffered a possible heart attack, but doctors are performing tests to know the precise nature of the problem.

Dog the Bounty Hunter was hospitalized this weekend after suffering a heart emergency that may require surgery -- this just a couple months after his wife, Beth Chapman, died.

Sources tell TMZ the reality TV star was taken to a hospital from his home in Colorado after feeling a pain in his chest.

They're also trying to figure out if he will need a corrective surgery.

Either way ... it's a scary incident for the Chapman family coming just a few months after Beth died from cancer.

Beth's death has been incredibly hard on Dog -- he broke down in tears at her Colorado memorial -- who's also been dealing with other forms of stress lately.

His store was broken into last month -- where crooks made off with some of Beth's personal items -- and Dog also nearly fell victim to a $430k check scam out of Dubai.

Couple that with the recent premiere of his new show and the countless promotional stops that required, and it's obvious Dog's been under a lot of pressure lately. How much that factors into his heart emergency remains to be seen ... but it certainly couldn't have helped.

Get well soon, DBH.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Re: Dog the Bounty Hunter Hospitalized/Heart Issue

I can't help wondering if Duane had some health concerns before Beth died but he back-burned them for that time.   Now he can put more of his attention on staying/getting healthy so I hope he'll be ok.  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

I can't help wondering if he's suffering from a broken heart.   

Honored Contributor

@roxxy1 

It has to be excruciating to see the new series which was filmed during Beth's final stage of life.

I do believe that people can die of a broken heart.

Wishing you peace Duane Chapman.Heart

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

I agree with @roxxy1 and @chickenbutt  ...he has never appeared to be in the best of health.  Of course, I'm wishing him all the best and kudos to him for changing his life around in many ways.  I'm sure it has been a challenge for him losing his wife recently who was so close to him for so many years.  Hoping all is well and he is soon at home in Colorado,

Respected Contributor

Best wishes- I always liked the show... They seemed to really care about the people they caught. 

Honored Contributor

I used to watch his show every now and then.  However, I stopped because I just didn’t have time anymore.

Just looking at him, I’d say there was a time when he didn’t take care of himself, (smoking, etc).

I also think it’s a combination of more than one thing.

I hope he gets better soon because I think the country can use a show like his.  He seems to treat most people as human beings, I’m all for that.

Respected Contributor

I clicked on the link and read the story about the scam from Dubai.  It is amazing the scams the unscrupulous come up with.  It did sound legit unless you really investigaged as the name it was offered under was the real Deputy Prime Minister of Dubai and a real cashable check was sent.

I can believe he has heart problems as he is quite healthy looking.

Honored Contributor

I think he's been under a lot of stress for a long time, he's still grieving and it doesn't appear that he took any time off to regroup and recover.  Also, you can tell by looking at him that he doesn't live a healthy lifestyle.  Hopefully, this will lead to him to him taking time of and taking care of his self.