Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Does this annoy you too?

I don't think I've ever noticed but I'll probably be looking for it now!

Honored Contributor

@Judaline 

I'm a Joe Kenda fan as well. 

Valued Contributor

@Judaline 

I've watched every Joe Kenda program.  He is so passionate about his profession and has such a dry sense of humor.  Yes, I dig him too!

Valued Contributor

@sabatini wrote:

Admittedly I watch a lot of Datelines, 48 Hours, etc.

I've only recently begun to watch the crime stories on 20/20, and most have been narrated by either Deborah Roberts and John Quiñones.

So what annoys me? They never look at the camera! 

While narrating, they look off to the side, as if they're speaking to someone, but it's US they're addressing.

I want to say 'Hey, over here!'

Give me Keith Morrison or Paula Zahn. At least they direct their narration and story telling to the viewing audience.

Has anyone else noticed this, and if so, does it bug you too?

That is all I watch.....they changed the format a few years ago and I can't stand it. 
They also play the same story, in their format , that we have seen before. I love Keith and have given up on 20/20

Respected Contributor

@Sooner, duly noted. It wasn't my intention to annoy you.

@Chopsmom & @Danky2, glad to see that I'm not the only one, & that I'm in good company.

I'm a huge Keith Morrison fan, but he doesn't seem to be narrating much lately. More's the pity.

His delivery and phrasing are such a pleasure. It'll be a sad day when he does eventually retire.

Muddling through...
Trusted Contributor

I never noticed but I'll pay attention the next one I watch.  Maybe I've been watching older ones before they made the change.

Respected Contributor

I've noticed, it seems like an attempt to do something new and cool, which iut isnt.

Honored Contributor

@sabatini 

It's Keith's delivery and phrasing that I dislike. Since it's unique, it would seem a case of either you love it or hate it. He's popular so I'm probably among the minority. 

Respected Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

I watch the true crime shows on the ID channel. Joe Kenda is my favorite. He's an ex-detective and tells the story as it happened. He also had a show previously where an actor played his part. Either way, they are great and he narrates the newer ones and he is so down to earth. Love when they find the culprit and he says, 'well, my my my.' (You had to be there to dig him)

@Judaline , regarding the "well, my my my", DH and I always watch any of his shows.  He likes that saying as well and a few years ago, I found a Joe Kenda T-shirt that shows his picture with the saying on it, so I bought it for a Christmas present.  He loves wearing it.

Honored Contributor

I love Keith Morrison --- he is great!  I love the way he adds drama and spice to the story!

As for drawing out the stories --- yes -- I agree.  They all do that and at times it does get very tedious.

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin