Respected Contributor

To watch The Golden Girls and The Mary Tyler Moore to know  that every cast member has now passed. It doesn't take away from the great shows , just makes me sad.

Honored Contributor

no

Respected Contributor

No - they're all in a better place.

Trusted Contributor

Not sad. Watching Golden Girls makes me laugh my head off. 3 of them have already died and now the last one. All the laughs they gave us and still do give us prevents sadness. So many people live and die with their impact or contribution not in the realm of laughter. 

I didn't know any of those women, just appreciated their abilities to bring their characters to life. That's art and entertainment. Betty White was a gem. What's sad?

Respected Contributor

Re: Does it make you sad ?

[ Edited ]

I guess it is just me. It seems like a lot of people have passed in the last 2 years , public and including family members.

Honored Contributor

Not in the least. I rarely have watched The Golden Girls.

Super Contributor

It doesn't make me sad but I would have loved to have seen Betty White reach 100. I was really looking forward to this event. Instead it will be a memorial and I'll be grateful for all the laughs and wisdom she shared over her very wonderful and lengthy career. She lived a long life and went quickly, no one can really ask for more. She was a blessing and a treasure. I'll celebrate a life well lived and enjoy a wealth of reruns.

I do understand your sadness. These shows and the people in them are irreplaceable. I get that. I'm sure you're not alone!

Honored Contributor

@MW in Iowa , I think it's normal to feel a little sad when you see these people that you have watched and enjoyed pass on. I think it reminds us of our own mortality and that of those we love and hold dear.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@MW in Iowa wrote:

To watch The Golden Girls and The Mary Tyler Moore to know  that every cast member has now passed. It doesn't take away from the great shows , just makes me sad.

@MW in Iowa No.  I have to many things in my own life to be sad about that tv shows and actors are far far down on the list. 

Honored Contributor

No.  There is a time to live and a time to die.  Dying is a part of living; we will all die.  It isn't how long you live that matters; it is how well prepared you are to die.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.