Honored Contributor

Re: Does anyone watch these TLC shows??

Emphatically No, I feel the same way about true crime shows, NO, NO, NO !!!

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I watch the first couple of shows....then it seems after those first few shows  it is just repeat of removing Lipomas or fixing bunions.  Gets old.

Honored Contributor

No, the commercials are enough for me.  I can't watch medical type shows.  I'm happy those that have unique medical issues can get help.  

Honored Contributor

I don't watch anything on TLC.

Honored Contributor

I am very squeamish when it comes to anything medical and avoid these shows as a result.  But for those who can stand them go for it.

Honored Contributor

I suppose it's the medical coming out of me but I watch those shows from time to time.  If you'd seen what I did pulling call from wrecks, autopsies and etc, heck those shows don't bother me.

What I do find are those that finally find relief from Dr. Lee when they were told by other physicians nothing could be done or it will go away. 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I watch Dr Lee and the foot doctors.  I don't know, guess I'm just fascinated by these issues that were unknown to me and how skillfully these Doctors perform.  Dr. Lee especially amazes me - she removed a baseball size lipoma from the side of a man's forehead and not only retained his hairline, but the scar was almost invisible.

(Plus, it makes me feel less sorry for myself over little problems.)

Denise
Honored Contributor

I wish they would not show any of the grossness in the ads!

Wow it is amazing to me that anyone can watch surgeries, autotopsies and all this type stuff.

I have a weak stomach and could not ever.

I am glad the people can get the help they need from these drs though.

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Respected Contributor

@CherryHugs wrote:

I wish they would not show any of the grossness in the ads!

Wow it is amazing to me that anyone can watch surgeries, autotopsies and all this type stuff.

I have a weak stomach and could not ever.

I am glad the people can get the help they need from these drs though.

I am really weird about that! LOL

I can watch someone else going through that, but when it's ME - I get nauseous thinking about it, much less watching.  They would need to knock me out.

Denise
Esteemed Contributor

They don't bother me...but I look to see if they are interesting...

My feet are killing me has some bizarre conditions, but I like to see how they remedy it so the people have a normal life.

My 30 ish daughter can't watch any of them because she gets light-headed when she sees alot of blood.

My Mom, who was on blood thinners, got a bloody nose in the hospital while my daughter and I were visiting. My dauther tried to get up and run out of the room...but didn't make it. She fainted in the hall with the nurse coming in to help Mom.