Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Does anyone remember Tootie ??

I was just thinking about how home shopping has changed. We got HSN shortly before we received  Q V C. The hosts used to have this horn they called Tootie, and people would call in and ask for  " toots ". There were a lot of funny and sometimes cringe worthy moments in those early days.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Re: Does anyone remember Tootie ??

[ Edited ]

@QVCkitty1

lol! yes,i remember those were the  days...they  fun and funny.

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Esteemed Contributor

I remember Tootie,  That was fun!  I bought a parakeet,  and callled her tootie.  I remember Steve that was on, and so funny!  I was so sad when he passed.  I got to talk on air a lot.  I have never talked on air at Q. 

Frequent Contributor

When did Steve pass?

Honored Contributor

Steve passed in August of 1998,

Steve M. Chaney, 41, of St. Petersburg Beach, Fla., formerly of Arlington Heights, was a television show host with Home Shopping Newwork for the past 12 years. Mr. Chaney died Aug. 15 in Florida of complications from a brain tumor after a two-year battle with cancer.

Steve Chaney, unfortunately, passed away at an early age. He was kind, funny, a good father and great on the air.

Respected Contributor

Loved Steve Chaney!!! He cracked me up.  Remember Mindy McCormack was pregnant at that time.  Very entertaining programming.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Trusted Contributor

Yes, indeed, lol

Honored Contributor

Yes!  I think about how far the shopping channels have come all the time.  I think about how the merchandise has broadened and improved over the decades.  I remember when the presentations were hokey and both HSN and QVC sold mostly junk and if you bought something from them, you didn't go around announcing it.  Tootie and Levine dressed up in silly costumes and that QVC dog...lol.  Murphy?   Long before there was Dmq or Absolute, HSN sold an early for of cz in colors.  Emerald Ice, ruby ice, sapphire ice on wimpy silver chains....we bought that trashy stuff....lol   

Valued Contributor

Wow does that bring back memories.  I remember tootie very well plus when they pulled out the colored envelopes with a certain amount of 'cash' you could use on future purchases.  I also remember a beautiful female host named Carmella with long brown hair and the prettiest smile.

Trusted Contributor

@chrystaltree-----Watch what you say, lady!Woman Very Happy  I have several of those pieces of trashy stuff are are pretty darned nice, with a piece of crummy trash here and there. 

My spending limit on jewelery was the 69.95 +S&H.  If I knew how to post pictures, I would show you.     First purchase was 14KT chain that had   I Heart You  on the links, for DS's GF (86)

I had never heard of QVC,until years after watching HSN, I couldn't get it until about 1999 or 2000.  It is very entertaining being able to watch both channels.  I post only here, because of people like you, that I really enjoy.-------tedEbear