Respected Contributor

Re: Does anyone here watch BRITBOX ?

@Drythe Yes we loved New Tricks and watched all the seasons.  Brian was adorable.  Were sad to finish that one too.  We got interested with Midsomer Murders and went nuts from there.

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor

@Drythe 

Yes, New Tricks!  My typing is terrible with my RA.   Lol. 

Honored Contributor

@Jk9 

Watched all of Midsommer too.  I rewatch them though.  There is over 23 years of episodes, so it is an undertaking that is fun!  However, for some reason they stopped production abruptly.  Covid?   When the original lead  actor quit it was taken over by a new guy...who is very good.  But  episodes were reduced.  British TV is different that here.  Midsommer murders was aired  9 times a year, then 6, then 4.  Very few of the shows air weekly.  They tend to alternate Shows I hear.  

Respected Contributor

Oh and don't forget Line of Duty!!  Really excellent.  And did you watch The Fall??  Totally gripping and so hard to believe that Jamie Dornan is the same actor from Shades of Gray.  Such amazing tv.

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Respected Contributor

If you're looking a light hearted mystery let me add Death in Paradise to the list. 

Honored Contributor

I watch Britbox just about every night.  Love it, and I love seeing recommendations posted here.

Honored Contributor

Wish we could. We can not stream way out here.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Esteemed Contributor

Got Brit box to watch Are You Being Served !!!   Watched it years ago when pbs in my area offered it .   I just love the characters ;  it's my get away from it all in the evenings sometimes!!   I also like the spin-off when they are on the farm .  Like Apperances too but have had that on our pbs for yes already.   I am going to check out the suggestions that are posted here .

Trusted Contributor

We do and we also have Acorn

Regular Contributor

We have Britbox and Acorn. If I had to choose just one it would be Britbox as they seem to have more content. We love all the mysteries and especially loved the comedies "One Foot in the Grave"  and "Waiting for God"  Taggart is very good but it took us a few episodes to understand the accent on that one. With the exception of news and sports all we watch is British tv,