Super Contributor

Does anyone here remember Selena?

Yesterday was the 20th anniversary of her murder! Such a loss to the world. This girl was an amazing vocalist, plus she was a wonderful human being! I have all of her albums (cds) and have the DVD of her final concert in 1995 in Houston, TX.

RIP, Selena! {#emotions_dlg.wub} You will be forever missed by your millions of fans!

Honored Contributor

Re: Does anyone here remember Selena?

I have to admit that I had not heard of her until she was killed by that awful woman.

I really love the movie about her, starring Jennifer Lopez. She was excellent in the role and the guy who played her husband was so cute. I've watched the movie many times over the years.

RIP SQP!

Respected Contributor

I also never knew who Selena was until her movie came out. I absolutely love Jennifer Lopez and that movie was excellent. Jennifer is genuine as Selena was in the movie and she portrayed her beautifully. I bought Selena's CD right after and love her singing. I tear up thinking someone could shoot such a beautiful loving person. I watch her movie every time I see it on TV.
Honored Contributor

Only until JLo's movie came out. Love her song: I could Fall in Love.

Esteemed Contributor

I didn't realize it had been 20 years. I bought her cassette tape when she was on tour and later purchased the CD after her death. So talented! So tragic!
Respected Contributor

I didn't know who she was until I saw the movie. Very sad end to a beautiful person.

Honored Contributor

I remember hearing about the murder the day after it happened. That was my first time to ever hear anything about her. I listened to her music as the days went by and read her bio. of how she grew up and worked really hard for her dream. So tragic and hard to believe that much time as gone by.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."