Super Contributor

My Directv is threating to drop ABC in my area on friday. I see that HULU has network channels for 5.99 a month. We do not have much to choose from in my area for t.v. Directv, Dish and comcast so does anyone have this and do you like it? THanks in advance.

Respected Contributor

We’ve had Hulu for about three years. We are happy with it, We opted for the commercial free version. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Does anyone have Hulu

[ Edited ]

i like it, I don't have to worry if i miss my favorite shows....also like that  i can look up older episodes to watch again.

Esteemed Contributor

I am able to share a Hulu acct w/ DS & DDIL.

There is a learning curve, but it's OK

Not great and $$$ cable here, too. I have it on my small kitchen TV. Cheaper to have one TV w/ internet than net alone.

Honored Contributor

We have it thru Roku box. Great bargain. Watch old episodes of TV shows like Dark Shadows, PBS, lots of free movies to choose from , horror movies,  go online and research it great deal for that amount.

I can't believe they're cutting off ABC channel. Cheap skates it's free any way on local antenna. I saw the creeper alert today on GMA show and was glad I have cable and don't have service with those people.

Pretty soon they will charge us for QVC. QVC should be free to folks who don't have cable, Roku, Hula , etc. Like my sister she can't afford any 'luxuries' and doesn't have pc either. No smart phone either. Just antenna on roof. QVC should be putting signal out to all folks

When QVc becomes a 'premium' channel they won't have me any longer.

Not paying to watch Christmas shows yr. round. LOL

Super Contributor

Thanks everyone. With how much people pay for entertainment we should not have to go through this. I have called the number and sent 2 e-mails letting them know i will leave if i lose ABC.

Respected Contributor

Yes we have it on our internet TV in our bedroom.  It is very reasonable and we enjoy it very much.

Honored Contributor

I have the free version but really haven't checked much out on Hulu, other than watching THT (I'm a season behind now) and a couple other little things.   

For free, it's definitely worth it.  Smiley Happy   But I don't know if I would pay.  I already pay for Netflix and Amazon.

Respected Contributor

Another thought on this, we now have Cox cable in our area and our 2 other TV's have cable.  We have had both Dish & Direct in different states at different times.  One of which lost HBO  and even though we had not fulfilled our commitment with them, we cancelled and did not pay the charge they quoted us because they did not provide what our contract was for, channels including HBO.  We put this in writing and never recieved another bill and did get a letter saying that we had returned all their equipment in good condition.

I don't believe either company can charge you if they don't provide the channels you signed up for.  JMHO

Cathy

Honored Contributor

I have had Hulu for three weeks. What I did was buy a $50 gift card for Hulu. You set up an account, go to the website on the card and add the amount to your account. This way I don't have to give them a credit card, it's up to me to replenish the account. I opted for the ads free version, I get four months with the card.