Esteemed Contributor

Re: Does anyone feel like this about series finales ?

I kind of get that "lump in my throat" at the end of a series.  It's almost as though I'm losing people I know and will never see them again.  Silly isn't it?

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Trusted Contributor

I enjoyed the series finale of Homeland. 

Highlighted
Contributor

The weekly show of This is Us, generally brings a tear or two at the end of the episode.

I think I will have quite the crying session when the final episode airs..

Honored Contributor

I feel that way but only when it is something that I have watched and enjoyed for many years.  Dramas.  I don't get drawn into comedies.  I do indeed feel like I have lost dear friends or a world that I visited every week for years.  

Honored Contributor

@MW in Iowa 

Overall, I'm usually disappointed with any series finale.  They get criticized if it's given a "happily ever after" send off, and you can't please everyone.

Thinking back, I can think of only two series that had excellent finales ....  IMO.   Those shows were MASH and Downton Abbey,   

Honored Contributor

Doesn't happen often to me because so many series live way past their expiration date.

Not true with Breaking Bad however, I still think Walter White is alive, LOL

Trusted Contributor

@silkyk wrote:

I'll always remember the Sopranos finale. Watching with friends and when the screen went black everyone started screaming and yelling thinking a power outage or cable failure. Then it hit ya and it got real quiet.. Wow. IMHO the best finale ever. Don't stop believin'

Many people hated the end of The Sopranos. I agree with you....best ending ever!

I think that the Sopranos is our twentieth century Shakespeare.

Honored Contributor

@candyagain wrote:

@silkyk wrote:

I'll always remember the Sopranos finale. Watching with friends and when the screen went black everyone started screaming and yelling thinking a power outage or cable failure. Then it hit ya and it got real quiet.. Wow. IMHO the best finale ever. Don't stop believin'

Many people hated the end of The Sopranos. I agree with you....best ending ever!

I think that the Sopranos is our twentieth century Shakespeare.

@candyagain  One of the best series ever.